• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: We Joined the Rebellion for This?!

Dire Lemming

First Post
Issachar's smile returns as the tention seems to disapate. "I'm sure they have good reasons, and I picked a bad answer. Really, it's fine. I guess the folks around here are just a bit lacking in social graces." He says with a chickle. "Your dance was possitively entrancing... And the music and song complimented it well."

Elephant

First Post
Coming back out from the 'fresher, Karr looks again at the Rodian and the Coruscanti. He approaches the table and says with an apologetic smile, "Pardon the interruption, but I thought I heard you mention something about some business difficulties, and I might be able to help you."

OOC: Diplomacy check, please. I'd rather get them talking than have blasters firing at me :) If they seem amenable to talking, ...

Karr steps forward, offers a handshake, and introduces himself. "Name's Karr. I have some experience in, let's say ... 'negotiating difficult business deals'. As it happens, I'm in need of some information. If you have the right contacts, we could swap favors."

OOC: If they seem more inclined to let blasters do the talking, Karr will apologize for "having misheard" and back away.

Also...Does Karr notice anything of Cyd's conversation upstairs, or is he blissfully ignorant so far?

OOC: I'm an idiot...I forgot to attach the map to the above post. So...lets try attaching this again.

Attachments

• Tatooine Tavern.jpg
    Tatooine Tavern.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 66

Issachar:[sblock]"If you ever need the services of our band...bickering aside...we would be glad to provide them," finally, the Ithorian spoke up, his voice a low, rumbling sound that almost felt like it was shaking your bones despite the fact that you were fairly sure he was talking quietly.

The Twi'lek nodded with a smile, "And I promise, if that is the case, that these two fur-faces will not attempt to steal all of your credits with a terrible price."

At that, the male stopped and turned back to glare at the Twi'lek, "Hey! Would you rather starve?"

"Perhaps we would not worry about credits so much if you did not attempt to drain our clients dry," the Ithorian rumbled.

It seemed like they no longer even noticed you, as the male Bothan simply stepped almost right into you to reach over and point an accusing finger at the much larger Ithorian, "They ripped us off in Mos Espa, Jabba nearly killed Waris, and the Imperials tried to lock you up in Bestine! And you still want to go back to those horrible places?!"

The Ithorian just shrugged, while it was the Twi'lek girl who, after a somewhat annoyed-looking twitch of her lekku, said curtly, "They had credits and they paid on time. If you'd lighten up a bit you'd remember the Imp's got Olar here mixed up with some Rebel and when that got cleared up they let him go!"[/sblock]

Karr:[sblock]OOC:[sblock]For the moment, you can't hear Cyd.[/sblock]
The green skinned Rodian levels you with a piercing glare from his two large, black eyes, but he doesn't speak or move. You can see his hands clearly, one on the table, and one in his lap...thankfully not on a blaster as far as you can see.

The human, though, didn't look nearly as angrily at you. In fact, his two eyes, a dark colour that you couldn't make out exactly in the low light, seemed to be looking you over very carefully. He then motioned with a hand at the Rodian, "Fifty credits if you shoot this slimy creature."

Now, you could see, the Rodian's hand was moving. Darting from his lap to his left side, which you couldn't see, and from the angry sounding, but incomprehensible, words he was spouting, it looked like the Rodian was going for a blaster.

OOC: Rolled Initiatve for the sake of things...you won so can act before anything else happens.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
(OOC: Should I wait for Karr's next action before Issachar does anything?

EDIT: Well, i'll just go ahead and post for now.)

Issachar feels that it's a good time to spread some anti-imperial sentiment. "Don't be so quick to assume they've let him off... Essa, right? Essa, the empire hates all non humans irrationally. Even if Olar has nothing to do with the rebelion I doubt they'd let him off just because they couldn't find any proof. They probably think he'll lead them to someone. And the fact is, as unpleasant as they are, the Hutts are the main thing keeping them Imperials under control."

Last edited:

Elephant

First Post
OOC: Does the Coruscanti seem to be armed? Either way, start a grapple with the Rodian. I envision it something like this, if things go my way:

As the Coruscanti utters the word "shoot", Karr bursts into movement. Stepping sideways into a fighting stance and drawing a knife, he leans forward and hauls the Rodian out of his seat, then holds him in a headlock with the knife at his throat.

"Now, now, I was trying to help. If you'd rather be on my bad side, though, I doubt you'll be happy with your choice."

Rhun

First Post
Oops, I thought I had responded but apparently not.

Cyd can only smile slightly at the "man's" words. "I've been shot more than my fair share of times," the soldier responds. "Now, I've got a modified T-6 stuck in your back, and if I pull the trigger there isn't going to be much left of you. Maybe enough to identify. Maybe. We can see who has the quicker trigger finger, or you can tell me why you were spying on my companions and I. I don't think I'm asking a lot."

Intimidate +6. Perhaps I can get a circumstance bonus for having a big gun stuck in his back? :D

possum

First Post
Varren has walked around the bar from his seat, cursing the layout of the room as he notices that the 'fresher stalls are located nowhere near the stairs to the second floor. His slight disappoint, however, is quickly disolved as an incident happens between Karr and a Rodian.

Issachar:[sblock]The Twi'lek girl just shrugged, "The Imperials let him go willingly. No bribes, even. Now the Hutts...I'd rather be locked up in an Imperial cell or dead than a slave to one of those slugs."

"She is correct," the Ithorian rumbled again, nodding his large, hammer-like head slightly, "The Imperials are the lesser of two evils here, in my experience."

Now still standing very close to you, the male Bothan looked to both of his two companions with obvious shock on his face. He sighed, and then adopted a much calmer tone when he looked back to you, "Forgive them, but they aren't exactly the most sane beings on this planet. I assure you, they simply haven't had a chance to see what happens in those Imperials Detention Cells."

OOC: At about this time Karr gets in his little fight...so can jump on over to reacting to that now.[/sblock]

Karr:[sblock]Combat Info:[sblock]Okay...for the grapple. First, it provokes an AoO from the Rodian. As he's not armed, he simply attacks unarmed...attack is a 23, and a potential crit. Confirmation is a 19. He crits and Karr takes 2 Wound Damage. Puts him down to 12WP. In addition, since he's taken Wound Damage, Karr is Fatigued(-2 Str and Dex and can't run/charge until its healer). Next...he has to make a Fort Save against DC 7 to remain conscious. Ouch, just barely makes it and gets an 8. Close, but he's still up.

Which means...time for the actual Grapple. First a melee touch to grab him. A 16. You've got him. Now opposed Grapple Checks. Karr gets a 12, the Rodian a 5. Now you've definitely got him. In addition to now grappling him, you do 1 VP damage to him.

The Coruscanti is up next, and yes, you can see a blaster at his hip, though the solid black holster is covering it to the point where you can't see the make. He's got a hand on the holster but it looks to be resting there rather than gripping the weapon...as for his actions, he just sits and watches.

Rodian next. Another pair of opposed Grapple Checks...Rodian gets a 13 and Karr a 14. So the Rodian fails and can't do anything.

Karr's up again.[/sblock]

When Karr reaches in to grab the Rodian, the smaller built, green humanoid immediately swung a fist from pure reflex. The swing connected hard with Karr's jaw, getting a good crack and a jolt of pain, but Karr was still able to latch onto the now-outstretched Rodian's arm and drag him down to the floor, holding him there with a blade a little too close for comfort.

"You have to kill him for the credits, son," the Coruscanti said offhandedly, not having moved from his seat and simply watching with a sort of casual amusement.

The Rodian, however, was neither amused nor happy, as he struggled to get free of Karr's grip. But no matter what he tried, Karr was able to hold him down, and so all the Rodian could do was scream at him in what sounded like its native language.[/sblock]

Cydarius:[sblock]You could see the hooded figure's eyes glance down, though from the angle he was at there was no way he could see the blaster you had against his back. Still, though, his voice remained calm and somewhat icey, "You may shoot me if you wish, but I promise you that I will put a blaster bolt through your gut if you try," a free hand then, slowly and obviously to show it was not holding a weapon, motioned to a seat across from him, "Information is not free for anyone, blasters or not, so sit and tell me what that information is worth to you."[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
Issachar starts to respond to the Essa's comment when he hears the commotion and spins around to see Karr and a smaller rodian wrestling around on the floor. "Sith spit, Karr..." He turns back to the entertainers "I'm sorry, I'd love to keep chatting with you, but it looks like my friend has got himself into a spot of trouble, I think I better get over there and break them up before Kyra has to. You guys might want to get somewhere safe just in case."

Issachar marches over to the tussle, looking very annoyed. "Karr? What're you doing? What happened to not making a commotion?"

He looks down at Karr's opponent to get a better look at him.

Remove ads