• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: We Joined the Rebellion for This?!

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Question for Ankh-Morpork]

Can Cydarius sneak up behind the robed figure, or would he be noticed?

[/sblock]

Rhun:[sblock]Its a bit of a direct path to where the figure is, but there are still a good amount of tables around and Cyd can probably move around while still keeping his distance without too much trouble.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock= Cyd's actions]

Cydarius weaves around the tables toward the figure, trying to avoid a direct path and remain undetected so that he can get behind the figure. As he appraoches, the soldier takes a quick look around to make sure nobody is watching, and then pulls his blaster, sticking it into the figure's back. "We need to have a talk," he says, keeping his voice low.

Assuming he can get behind him without being noticed, that is.

[/sblock]

possum

First Post
Noticing his companions slip away from the table, Varren remains where he is, only opening his ears a little wider. (Make a listen check for me, Ankh, if you will.)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Issachar is genuinely taken aback by the showman's... er bothan's reaction to being approached. "Er, a fan, I guess. Name's Issachar. That was a great show..." he takes a quick look past the Bothan male at the others in the group, though in all honesty he's a bit more interested in the women.

[sblock=ooc] hey, do these Bothans look like cats or monkeys or what? What color is the Twi'Lek's skintone? And is there anything else about them that stands out beside this Bothan's bad attitude? I figure, with a +11 in knowledge biology and a +10 in knowledge alien species, I should be able to learn something. :\

Also, is it ok to read other people's sblocks if I don't act on the information? Not knowing what the others are doing is kind of boring.[/sblock]

Cydarius:[sblock]"Talking with blasters is usually quite short," the voice that responds from under the hood is soft, quiet, and speaks in a way so that every single syllable is perfectly clear.

A pressure against your stomach reveals that, while you have your own blaster against his back, he has placed a small blaster of his own right up against you. You're sure he didn't see you coming in, and the noise was louder than you'd expected...yet...

The hood shifts slightly so that you can see a bit more of the face beneath. The yellowy eyes are still there, though dimmed due to the darkness, and he looks to be mostly human, but with very pale coloured skin to the point of almost being a faint blue. The most noticeable thing, though, is coming off of his cheeks you can see two long...whiskers of some kind.[/sblock]

Varren:[sblock]Though its a bit hard to hear much specific within the place, the fact that the band is no longer playing helps.

Coming up from above, though, towards the second level of the building, you hear a familiar voice, "We need to have a talk."

It sounds like Cyd. But the voice that responds is much different. So quiet you barely hear it, and it has a coldness and calm to it that is somewhat worrying, "Talking with blasters is usually quite short."[/sblock]

Issachar:[sblock]OOC:[sblock]ugh....bothan appearance. :p Consider the Revised Core book the guide to what they look like. the mix of snout and a human with fur thing. As for the Twi'lek, she has a pale blue coloured skin.

Back to the Bothan...other than his general bad attitude, from the way his fur is coloured, he probably hasn't been on Tatooine long. The suns would likely have a way of lightening his fur just like it would most humanoid's hair.

And sure, feel free to read the other sblocks as long as you don't act on em. :)[/sblock]

"A fan...?" the Bothan's fur ripples again, but the way his eyes widen show he looks more surprised than annoyed. He glances over his shoulder to the Ithorian, who makes a shrugging motion, as does the female Bothan, who has stopped to look at you curiously. She's a good head shorter than the male, with cream coloured fur and wearing more clothes than most dancers in places like this usually do.

Finally, the male Bothan looks back to you and narrows his eyes as if trying to give you a closer look, "I didn't know we had any fans."

Hearing that, the Twi'lek girl, and she was definitely more a girl than a woman, stopped, let out an audible sigh, and said over her shoulder, "He means 'thank you'."

But the female Bothan still looked curious. Before the others could say anything, she, too, cut in, and you recognized her voice as the one who had been singing in some other language that you didn't recognize, "What he means, Essa, is that most people that call themselves our fans start shooting a few moments later."[/sblock]

possum

First Post
It's obvious to Varren that there's some type of trouble going on upstairs with his teammate. He mentally nods soberly at the mention of a short conversation involving blasters. A very true statement, he thinks to himself. He raises his glass of ale to his mouth but doesn't take a drink. He sets the mug down before standing up.

How close are the stairs to the refreshers of the bar?

Dire Lemming

First Post
Isaachar smiles at the Twi'Lek, but when the Bothan woman speaks he quickly throws up his hands in a placating gesture. "Whoa whoa, no, no way! I meant I was impressed. By the your show just now. You know? You're quite good. Why the heck would anyone want to shoot you?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Not being the type to be easily intimidated by a blaster pointed in his direction, Cyd merely raises an eyebrow in appreciation of the man's skill. "Very nice," he says, complimenting the man. "Now perhaps you'd like to tell me why you are spying on us before one of us gets shot?"

This so reminds me of the whole "Han fired first" sceanrio.

OOC:[sblock]You know, you guys can just yell at me to sketch buildings and such if I'm being terrible with descriptions. I get the picture in my head and I know I can be bad about making assumptions sometimes. So here's an attached sketch of both levels of the place...with markings that you guys can hopefully use to make sense of things. :)

And Rhun...I hope that's a GOOD reminder![/sblock]

Issachar:[sblock]The male Bothan sighed as he made a slight glare over his shoulder before looking back to you with a somewhat friendlier expression on his features, "Don't pay her any mind. That only happened once and it was her fault anyway."

"Ignore these two fur-faces," the Twi'lek, apparently called Essa, said with a grin on her face, "They just like to make things difficult. Can't even say a simple thank you without making a show of it. I can assure you, however, they are grateful you enjoyed it. It is rare for anyone to compliment us."

As she was speaking, the two Bothans were both leveling her with piercing glares. The human had wandered off through the door by now, and when you looked to the Ithorian, his two eyes managed to look apologetic despite the fact that it was so hard to tell what any Ithorian's expression was.[/sblock]

Cydarius:[sblock]"You think I have had a blaster to my back before? And do you believe that I could not put a blaster in your stomach before you pull that trigger of yours, young one?" the humanoid's voice was a bit cold now, and the two...whiskers, for lack of a better word, curled and then unfurled again almost idly, "Nonetheless, I must compliment you on your alertness. I must say, I am impressed you were able to get so close before I heard you. Of course, that does not answer your question, but I fail to see what incentive there is to answering it."[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads