• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: We Joined the Rebellion for This?!

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=A-MG]
Cyd smiles and shrugs, but moves to take the proffered seat. He keeps his blaster pistol trained on the man, but does his best to keep it concealed from other prying eyes as he sits. "Nothin' like a blaster bolt to the gut to get the adrenaline pumping," he says as he sits. After a moment of silence, the soldier continues. "Few things cost as much as good information, though. So why don't you tell me what you want, and we'll see if we can make a deal."
[/sblock]

Elephant

First Post
OOC: Dang, the Rodian knows Martial Arts? THAT I did not expect! Oh, well, I'll use the Damage Opponent grapple option with *my* Martial Arts attack.

Puffing from the (extremely well-placed) punch, Karr looks down at the Rodian and says, "We've definitely gotten off on the wrong foot here!" Between punches, he looks up at the Coruscanti and asks "Care to talk now, or will I have to knock this poor Rodian bastard out cold?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
(OOC: I don't know if I can act, but if I can...)

Issachar runs up to Karr and attempts to pull him up, and stop him from beating the little Rodian to death. "Karr! What the heck are you doing?! Have you completely lost it!?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
"What? Why does he want to shoot you? Look, before you go beating anyone to death, let's just see if we can resolve this without making any more corpses alright?" Issachar looks back and forth from Karr to the Rodian, and then his gaze comes to rest on the Corruscanti who is watching with such amusement.

possum

First Post
Varren watches as the fight continues and is about to step in as Issacher makes himself known. Varren takes the nearest seat and resolves only to get involved if it's absolutely necessary.

Cydarius:[sblock]The humanoid keeps his blaster trained on you the entire time, even resting his hand on the table in such a way to keep it aimed at you and slightly concealed due by his cloak. Now, sitting face to face with him, you can see the facial features more clearly beneath his hood. He could easily have been a human or, at least, near human species. Though his nose was surprisingly large when compared to most humans, and his skin was almost a silverish tint...and, of course, there were the two long...well, sitting closer, they didn't look like whiskers coming off of his cheeks. They were too thick for that. They were something, at least, but it was hard to figure out what they were.

He was currently matching your gaze with a rather predatory stare, though his voice sounded a bit amused, "Credits are of little interest to me. I could be convinced to part with certain bits of information for a large sum, perhaps. However, you are a new face here and I am always interested in...seeing new faces. I may be willing to part with the information you wish for a little information about you and your...friends."[/sblock]

Everyone Else:[sblock][sblock]Combat Info:Still only Karr involved in this...

He's up in the initiative order and to do some damage he has to attempt another Grapple check first. Karr's 19 against the Rodian's...4. That's a success so Karr can attack. Roll is a 4. Doesn't hit, so no damage.

However, the Rodian stops fighting back.[/sblock]

Despite the fact that the Rodian managed to squirm away from a punch, Karr feels the long fingered hands that were trying to push him away loosening their grip until they appear next to his head, as best as can be done while being held down, in the universal sign for 'I give up', "Kl'er'al'ek es! Es!"

Still sitting in the booth, Karr sees the human drawing a blaster of his own and grumbling, "As I said, you have to shoot him. Take too long and I'm going to do it and you won't get any money."

"No one's shooting anyone," Kyra's voice growled angrily, a small blaster in her hand aimed between where Karr was holding down the Rodian and the human. Though she did motion the weapon towards the human, "Especially not you, Captain. I'd suggest you get out of here before I decide to tell your commander the company you keep."

The human glared at her, but eventually shrugged and got to his feet. As he holstered his blaster and walked past, he looked down to Karr and said simply, while sparing a quick glance to Issachar, "Could have had some money but oh well. As for you, Eerto, consider yourself lucky."

And then he left, with almost everyone that could see staring at the man as he walked out rather casually. By then, Kyra had shifted her glare in the direction of Karr, though she wasn't saying anything.

Behind Issachar, the band hadn't moved, and were simply watching with the same curiosity that most of the others were. As others had begun to talk about the events quietly, Issachar was able to recognize the voices behind him as who he'd been talking to before Karr had gotten into his little fight.

"See, Essa? That's why we don't need to go back to Bestine," it was definitely the male Bothan's voice, though Issachar didn't hear any response to that, if there was one.[/sblock]

Elephant

First Post
Karr replies, "Misunderstanding. I heard them arguing, I offered to help, and then that unpleasant fellow told this Rodian to shoot me."

Karr releases his hold on the Rodian, helps him up, and dusts off his jacket. "Eh, sorry about the fisticuffs. I get a bit testy when people reach for blasters around me."

"Kyra, who was that unpleasant fellow? You addressed him as 'Captain'; what is his command?"

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=A-MG]
Cydarius keeps his voice low as he speaks to the humanoid "We're mercenaries," he says, knowing that he and his companions at least fit the description of wandering soldiers. "Heard there was work around these parts and that the pay was good. So far I've not seen much to my liking, though."
[/sblock]

Remove ads