Starfinder: Red Dawn (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
"Please teach me," muttered Echo down in Engineering, "What is this thing you call 'hoo-mor?' And while you're at it, please jam a sonic screwdriver into my eye because that is about seventy percent less awkward than what you just said."

She blew her bangs out of her eyes and whirled to look at a computer screen as the search she'd set up on it concluded.

(Computer to check on Torrent's status and location: [roll0])

On seeing the red flag show up, she laughed. "Hey guys, good news! Our target's been marked by city authorities. They're not going to let him leave willingly. We may just get to earn a paycheck after all."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2pt87mb.jpg

Akiton/Gate’s Pass/Solenya

OOC: Huh. So you actually need ranks in computers to do computers… That will be awkward. It’s not a class skill, and I don’t like putting ranks in non-class skills. That’s going to severely limit what I can do in ship combat :( At least for this I can take ten, if the same rules as Pathfinder apply. Just can’t ever get higher than ten.

Elyea found a picture of Torrent from when he went through security at Gate’s Pass. At least they knew what he looked like now. She downloaded it and sent it to their personal comms.

"We just want to trade some of our cargo, perhaps visit some friends, and get refuelled before moving on to Absalom Station," Crash told ground control.

Elyea looked up at the others, a bit surprised. “We have cargo?” she whispered. “What if they want to inspect it?”

"Hey guys, good news! Our target's been marked by city authorities. They're not going to let him leave willingly. We may just get to earn a paycheck after all," Echo reported.

“Any indication why the authorities are interested in him?” Elyea asked the android engineer.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (3/3 DC 15):Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm gonna guess it's because he's associated with a crazed deathcult?" Echo replied. "Or maybe he spat in the spaceport. No, gonna go with the death cult thing."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Hey, we have cargo," Crash replies to Elyea with sarcasm in his voice. "Although I don't think the cynical android will be easy to sell."

While waiting for the response from ground, the skilled pilot takes the ship as close to the spaceport as is lawfully possible without authorization to land.

"You'd think that they want a crazed cultist nowhere near their precious city, so basically we're doing them a favor."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2pt87mb.jpg

“They probably want the same thing with him as we do,” Elyea said. “Information on the death cult. We will have to convince them we’re willing to share whatever intel we get and hope they’re satisfied. And that he’s in one piece.”

Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Spells
Conditions:
[/sblock]

eayres33

Explorer
“Solenya, this is Lyceum ground control, you are cleared for landing at pad 25A. All cargo must go through inspections and customs. The way is marked. Ground Control out.”

Kaodi

Hero
An indeterminate amount of time prior...

"This swill you're selling ain't worth what you're charging, and I'm not gonna p-"

CRASH

Tolar looked up just in time to see the surly korasha be tossed bodily across the room by the hulking four-armed proprietor of the Thrash Landing, a craggy faced shobhad.

"You pay," it growled, taking a step forward menacingly.

The stunned lashunta stumbled to his feet.

"I p-pay," he replied, voice quaking.

The kasatha turned his gaze away at this point, mindful of his own business. This bar was a bit of a dive, a bunch of old shipping containers welded together to form a rough and tumble structure. The outer wall facing the dusty street could be lifted up and locked into position so that the whole bar was open to the outside, though there was a side entrance for use when the dust storms kicked up and the "patio" had to be closed. But despite its crudeness the Thrash Landing had a charm that Tolar appreciated.

He sat alone at a table near the street, sipping his drink through a long straw piercing the folds of his russet scarf while he scanned the readout of a gunmetal computer strapped to his upper left forearm. From time to time he would reach up with one his free hands to dust off the screen, or to shake the stuff out of his long robes, a mix of grey and the same colour of his scarf. A long black staff lay propped up against the edge of the table just to his right.

After a while Tolar impatiently tapped to deactivate the screen and leaned back in his chair.

"Kala, would you check my messages? That fixer said he might have something for me soon," he said, his voice deep and gravelly.

A light blinked on his forearm computer and a soothing if slightly robotic voice like a female kasatha's chimed in, "Sure thing, sir."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Alright, here we go," Crash mumbled to himself as he received confirmation to land. Gently steering the ship towards the indicated landing pad, the pilot started to hum a catchy song he heard at one of the bars on Absolom Station.

He isn't very good at singing, although his enthusiasm seems to make up for it. Soon Crash is singing loudly, reaching a crescendo as the space ship lands. "...chaaampiooons... of the woooorld!"

Then, when the song is done, he remains quiet for a moment before turning the intercom on and announcing, "Folks, we're here. Let's discuss plans before we leave the ship."

Thateous

Explorer
"Yes. Like how we plan to get our target with no weapons." she says as she removes her rifle from her shoulder and leaves to put it back in her locker.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2pt87mb.jpg

Elyea unbuckled from her seat and shook her head, pushing back her golden brown hair. “Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day,” she scolded Crash.

Elyea looked to Terra and shook her head. “Weapons and violence do not need to be your first and last option of resort, Terra,” she told the android. “I do not need weapons anyway.” She opened up a maintenance closet and pulled out a bag of self-sealing stem bolts, slipping them into her pocket. It wouldn’t hurt to have something to fling around telekinetically.

Elyea pressed the comm. “Echo, if everything is okay in the engine room, could you come up and join us?” she asked their engineer.

“If our target is marked by the authorities, it means he is not yet in custody, and they might know where he is, making our job easier. Then it’s just a matter of getting him out.” She looked around. “If we have empty cargo crates, we could smuggle him.”

Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Spells
Conditions: