• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

Under the Government Building
P7X – 912
Almost two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

A great pressure seemed to be lifted from Durant's shoulders while speaking with Reed. She looked remarkably better and he honestly could not believe she was speaking so well already. He looked up to ask Stewart to get her some water and noticed he was already digging through packs for an M.R.E. Making sure to smile so that Reed knew he was sincere he looked down at her. "We got the bug problem under control, L-T. The only ting we have been worried about for the last half hour is your recovery and from the looks of things it is gonna be just fine. Our alien friend here really helped you out. He may actually be good for something."

After hearing Jeremiah's explanation of Medraut's offer of help, Durant let out a small sigh and rolled his eyes. He walked over closer to Jeremiah and Medraut. "This mission is turning into a frigging quest. All right, let's get the info he has for us and find out what and where this equipment is so we can get started."

As they continued to get better and reorganized for the next leg of their journey, Durant could not help but think about the rest of his team. They had encountered no signs of where they could be and he had tried not to think about the idea that they could have been in one of those buildings when the swarm attacked. No. he refused to believe that. If something had happened to Andreev and the others he would have known. He just hoped the two groups would find each other.

"Jeremiah, ask Big Ben here if there is another Stargate on the planet. Maybe they have two like we do and the rest of the group came through the other one."

Carlo

First Post
Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912
More than two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

"Require?" Lorelai asked from her seat where she was intently engaged in running diagnostics on her precious computer. "Require is perhaps the wrong approach. I would say 'request' is a better word." She looked up from her screen and smiled winsomly at the Jaffa. "Perhaps you would sit with us and tell us more about yourself and your lord? As both a woman and a scientist I am insanely curious about all of this."

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912

After Iseult had left the room, Andreev walked back to the tables and sat as Lorelai made her request. To be certain, there was much that they could learn from Artorius, about this planet, Myrrdin himself, the ship... his mind wandered once again to the vastness and enormity of the vessel upon which they were... guests. Up until this point, he could not argue that they had been treated very graciously, despite their hasty and uncertain arrival. Perhaps, if time permitted, Artorius could provide a tour of the ship. This was, in fact, his area of expertise, and he would love nothing more than to see the inner workings of such a spacecraft.

"Artorius, how much time do you expect for the... insects... to leave? Time permitting, I was hoping I might have something of a tour of your vessel? Our planet has no such spacecraft on this scale, and I am most interested in the engineering and mechanics of the ship."

Stargate_Com

First Post
Jeremiah Grayson

P7X – 912

The words that came from Reed's mouth were perhaps the most beatiful words he had heard thus far. Jeremiah had never seen anyone die and to see her recover from such wounds gave him renewed confidence in Medraut.

She was half eaten by those insects, yet she recovered...and quite quickly. Besides that, she seemed to have no pain.

With Grayson translating, Medraut informed the others, “Weakness is to be expected – nourishment and liquids will replenish the loss quickly. I am sufficiently recovered to work on the Tauri’s leg now.”

“They will not help you in this dilemma,” Medraut replied, “They would more likely raze your planet to eliminate the risk of further infestation should they become aware of what happened. What you need is information, which I will provide, and some equipment – of which you will need to recover.”

That doesn't sound like protection. Jeremiah found it hard to believe that such an advance race would resort to elimination as a means of control. I guess that showed they extend of the danger they had unleashed. Yet? "If they could destroy a planet, why not destroy the planet that they are on?" The questions continued as if Jeremiah was unable to have a nonverbal thought. "Did they set up protection for their home world? If so, how long do we have before Earth meets the same fate?"

Stargate_Com

First Post
Jeremaih Grayson

P7X – 912

"Jeremiah, ask Big Ben here if there is another Stargate on the planet. Maybe they have two like we do and the rest of the group came through the other one."

Jeremiah could not help but give a chucle to the commander's analogy. Yet, one look at Medraut gave him back his composer. Translating the commander's question, Jeremaih left out the 'Big Ben' part. He just figured there would be to much explaination to follow. Two stargates? Jeremiah had to admit that he was impressed with the commander's question. It would explain the seperation. But Jeremiah also had to admit, his knowlege of the stargate was quite limited.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

P7X – 912

Durant was definitely returning to tactical mode.

"Jeremiah, do you have a notebook or something? I want you to write as much of this down as you can in case we need to check it later." After that Durant helped himself to some more water and checked to make sure Stewart was holding up okay. While Medraut was treating Donovan, Durant gave Donovan a dirty look to let him know he should have treated his injury before now. That kid is always to worried about everyone else, he can't help anyone if he goes down. Finally, Durant walked back over to Jeremiah and Medraut to see what else they had turned up.

Last edited:

Stargate_Com

First Post
Jeremiah Grayson

P7X – 912

Durant was definitely returning to tactical mode.

"Jeremiah, do you have a notebook or something? I want you to write as much of this down as you can in case we need to check it later." .....
In all the hurrying and confusion, Jeremiah had forgotten to record any of this. This was not like him, but then again running away from giant bugs and negoiating with fire salamanders was not like him.

"I'm on it."

Pulling out his camera and notebook, he was glad to be back in his element. Plus, he could final get a look at some of the things that he had missed. So, Jeremiah went to work recording everything of interest, past and present.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912

Rylee regarded Lorelai as she spoke to Artorious. Judging by the smile that the other girl gave him, she was probably interested in him as well. She smiled wryly to herself at the thought, and listened as Andreev spoke with Artorius. She too had a few questions for him, but they could wait until after their leader was done. Though, from the looks of it, he was still on duty. Perhaps her questions would have to wait.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
P7X – 912

Durant said:
"We got the bug problem under control, L-T. The only thing we have been worried about for the last half hour is your recovery and from the looks of things it is gonna be just fine. Our alien friend here really helped you out. He may actually be good for something."

“Good to hear it, sir,” Lt. Reed replied. She was somewhat unsteady in both voice and movements, but was clearly improving with each passing minute. Some more water and a power bar went a long way toward improving her disposition as well.

Meanwhile, as he answered questions, Medraut worked on Donovan’s leg with a hand device – white energy pouring over the leg. As Donovan observed, he could actually see the tissue knit itself together and the skin cover the newly replenished flesh. The area was extremely sore, and Donovan was ravenously hungry and thirsty – just as Medraut had said he would be.

Jeremiah said:
"If they could destroy a planet, why not destroy the planet that they are on?" The questions continued as if Jeremiah was unable to have a nonverbal thought. "Did they set up protection for their home world? If so, how long do we have before Earth meets the same fate?"

“I assume you are asking why the overseers had not destroyed the planet that the Old Ones were on,” Medraut clarified. “If that is the question the answer is simple, yet terrifying in its own right. To destroy the planet, one would need to enter the same system as the prison planet the Old Ones is on . . . and that would be close enough to allow the Old Ones to affect the attackers. The system the Old Ones reside in is in a nebula, near a dying star.”

“For all of the Old Ones might, they are not capable of space flight on their own and the planet and system actually are an excellent deterrent to building any such craft,” Medraut continued. “Therefore, there is no need of protection on a ‘home world’ as you call it. As for how long does the Earth have, there are far too many variables to even come close to an estimate.”

Durant said:

“There is but one Stargate on the planet,” Medraut answered, “But the waning light of this system’s sun also means that the gravity and solar activity is increased. Either of these two events could explain your missing teammates. I know that a Goa’uld is currently tracking me . . . one who goes by the name of Myrrdin. If they were obvious in their arrival, perhaps he picked them up . . . otherwise they were most likely in another part of the city and were consumed by the black death.”

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Grayson, Reed, Stewart

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912

Lorelai said:
"Require . . . Require is perhaps the wrong approach. I would say 'request' is a better word." She looked up from her screen and smiled winsomely at the Jaffa. "Perhaps you would sit with us and tell us more about yourself and your lord? As both a woman and a scientist I am insanely curious about all of this."

“It is not good for you to be insanely curious,” Artorius commented with all seriousness, “You may do something harmful to yourself . . . or others. At the very least, you should be restrained.”

Artorius paused for a moment as he sat down on a divan near the rest of the team. He looked somewhat stiff and uncomfortable (almost as though he were unwilling to relax. He continued, “As for myself and Lord Myrrdin, I have been in his service to near to two millennia, and I was originally borne on the Tauri homeworld.”

Andreev said:
"Artorius, how much time do you expect for the... insects... to leave? Time permitting, I was hoping I might have something of a tour of your vessel? Our planet has no such spacecraft on this scale, and I am most interested in the engineering and mechanics of the ship."

“Lord Myrrdin anticipates that the majority of the swarm should pass within the next ten minutes or so. Shortly thereafter, he will send a team down to deal with any stragglers, then you will be permitted to return to the surface to search for the remains of your friends,” Artorius finished. He didn’t sound like he was being hurtful when he spoke – more like he was just facing the facts. Artorius’ tone was gentle, yet full of authority . . . much as one who was used to leading for a long time.

Artorius paused as one of the female attendants returned bearing a pair of strap sandals. She knelt before Andreev and began to place the sandals on his feet and strap them to his legs.

OOC: Fallon, Fisher, Ilianov, Nguyen

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads