• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STARGATE UNIVERSE # 20:Incursion (2)/Season 1 (Ending)/2010

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Not a fan of Chloe. I said to my wife that I hope she would get sucked out an airlock only a minute before Eli opened that door. She's alive, for now. The Gods are mocking me.

Wait until they reveal, as I predict, that she is an LA member. Then we'll see what all her guilt is really about. :D

Wycen

Explorer
I'm hoping the next season isn't about Lucians vs. civilians vs. military all trying to make nice.

To quote myself, "If the next season is about interaction between the original castaways and a bunch of Lucians I'm going to miss the blue aliens."

Except, I'm gonna miss the blue aliens no matter what.

Elodan

Adventurer
Going to date myself a bit here.

While I enjoyed the episode, the ending reminded me of that time Dynasty had the Moldavian Massacre where all the cast members could be dead but the next season every one of them is fine (not a scratch on them).

I'm really starting to hate cliff-hangers.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
Well, overall I wasn't too impressed with the episode. What would be a shocker is if Chloe was A Ga'ould queen.

I really don't like seasons that end on cliffhangers. Because there is always a chance the show might not return. For example, Quantum Leap ended on a kind of cliffhanger, and so did Angel. But now we'll never know how those shows are resolved. Yes, I know Angel has the After The Fall comics but I never truly count comics as part of any TV continuity.

I don't mind cliffhangers in the middle of the season though.

It should've been fairly easy to repel the LA. Young's forces had the firerpower and could've shot them as they came through the gate and rigged explosive devices to confound them.

Last edited:

coyote6

Adventurer
I wonder if they have any explosives; they couldn't have brought a whole lot with them in the first place, and they used a bit trying to blast Scott, Eli, and Chloe free.

MarkB

Legend
I wonder if they have any explosives; they couldn't have brought a whole lot with them in the first place, and they used a bit trying to blast Scott, Eli, and Chloe free.

They still had enough to rig a charge on the locked door during the hallucinations episode, and didn't appear to act like it was a last resort.

Orius

Legend
Man, such an unfair ending. I wanted more!!!

I'm not surprised though. I fully expected this to end on a cliffhanger because Stargate loves it cliffhangers. How many cliffhangers have we had ending seasons? Well, from memory:

SG-1:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 4 (I think)
Season 6
Season 7
Season 9

I don't remember how season 3 ended exactly
I think they were helping Thor fight the replicators
, that might have been a cliffhanger too. Season 5 IIRC didn't end in a full-blown hangover, but there was some stuff left unreasolved.

Atlantis:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4

So yeah.

I hope Kiva dies. She deserves it for that whole prisoner exchange stunt, you know giving them a corpse. The look on Wray's face was worth it though, she realized she was truely over her head there, that the LA won't negotiate in good faith, and that they don't have the values she'd expect from Earth humans. Besides, I think Varro actually has a sense of decency, I'd rather see him around than her.

I don't expect to see a lot of LA members to be added to the crew if any. Possibly there might be a small handful, but most of them will probably have to get bumped off, because they're violent thugs.

Merkuri

Explorer
For example, Quantum Leap ended on a kind of cliffhanger, and so did Angel.

IIRC the Angel ending wasn't designed as a cliffhanger. They knew the show wasn't coming back for another season and that episode was supposed to be The End. It was a bittersweet ending where the world was essentially destroyed, but it was slightly hopeful because the main characters were still fighting. It's an ending I hated at the time but came to accept as a good ending later on after it had rattled around in my brain for a while.

A bad cliffhanger was the end of Farscape, where the cast and crew weren't given warning the show was going to be canceled until after the last episode had been filmed, so they were given no chance to intentionally end it. (Though they did come back and do the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries to wrap it up after the fact.)

Anyway, back to SGU... I called it that the disintegration of the soldier and the power fluctuations had the same source, and that it wouldn't have happened if Destiny hadn't been forced to stop to accept the incoming wormhole. :)

(Spoilers incoming... not gonna sblock them because there have been others in this thread already.)

I thought for sure that TJ was faking it until she was rolled over and we saw the blood, at which point I actually gasped out loud. Now the question is whether they're going to be able to save the baby or not. I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. Having a baby on the ship would be a huge complication, but I'm not sure it's the type of complication that would be good for this genre. They did do it on LOST, however, and that seemed to go over well enough.

I loved the ending where the soldiers (there aren't too many military left, are there? I expected more than that) were being forced to their knees but Young was silently refusing to kneel as the power went out again.

fba827

Adventurer
I loved the ending where the soldiers (there aren't too many military left, are there? I expected more than that)

I expected more than that too. But I suspect it was more a tv budget for extras thing rather than actually having that few soldiers in real numbers.

Random question: That one military woman with dark hair (forget her name) that was fooling around with Lt Scott before he got together with Chloe -- was she even in this set of episodes?

(Of course, I may have just missed her with her helmet on, she would have looked like all the other soldiers in the darkened corridors...)

BrooklynKnight

First Post
IIRC the Angel ending wasn't designed as a cliffhanger. They knew the show wasn't coming back for another season and that episode was supposed to be The End. It was a bittersweet ending where the world was essentially destroyed, but it was slightly hopeful because the main characters were still fighting. It's an ending I hated at the time but came to accept as a good ending later on after it had rattled around in my brain for a while.

A bad cliffhanger was the end of Farscape, where the cast and crew weren't given warning the show was going to be canceled until after the last episode had been filmed, so they were given no chance to intentionally end it. (Though they did come back and do the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries to wrap it up after the fact.)

Anyway, back to SGU... I called it that the disintegration of the soldier and the power fluctuations had the same source, and that it wouldn't have happened if Destiny hadn't been forced to stop to accept the incoming wormhole. :)

(Spoilers incoming... not gonna sblock them because there have been others in this thread already.)

I thought for sure that TJ was faking it until she was rolled over and we saw the blood, at which point I actually gasped out loud. Now the question is whether they're going to be able to save the baby or not. I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way. Having a baby on the ship would be a huge complication, but I'm not sure it's the type of complication that would be good for this genre. They did do it on LOST, however, and that seemed to go over well enough.

I loved the ending where the soldiers (there aren't too many military left, are there? I expected more than that) were being forced to their knees but Young was silently refusing to kneel as the power went out again.

I don't expect them to keep the baby in the story. They had to write the pregnancy into the script after the fact because the actress who played her got pregnant during production or before or something. There was an interview on gateworld somewhere. So while the pregnancy was a pretty good addition to the story I don't think they're gonna carry that complication over. They might, but I wouldn't expect it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads