• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stars Without Number Advice Requested

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Stars Without Number General Advice and Discussion

After reading through a few options, I have decided to use SWN for a convention mini-campaign this winter. I have a few months to test and play one shots to get a feel for it, but I thought I would ask the community about some basics first.

My main question is what level do SWN characters get competent? I plan on having the pregens represent skilled, upper mid ranking crew members that are going to have to explore strange new worlds and often fight what they find there. I don't want the PCs to be super-heroic (I'd use 5E if that was the case) but I don't want them to be 1st level fragile either.

The game I am planning is kind of a mix of Star Trek and Mass Effect, to give you an idea.

What general SWN advice do you have. Note: I'm old a grew up on BECMI and AD&D so I am familiar with classic gaming, and have played or run a few OSR games, but not SWN specifically.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads