[Stars Without Number] Hard Light

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Marion tosses a wink as she taps the orders into a compad decorated with the Midnight Sun's logo, a stylized sun done in navy blue. "Have those out right quick," she says, and then walks to the bar to fetch the drinks.

"Hey!" says the bongo player as he taps out a lazy rhythym. "Any of you newuns sing? We could use a singer?"

[sblock=OOC Stuff]
I updated the OP of the RG to include NPC and XP info.
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Well, that's doable," the bongo player says. "Hey, guys, take a break. We've got a singer to train. Marion! A round of beers!" The bongo player and other bandmates set aside their instruments and drag their chairs over to the table. "I'm Randall. This is Ranse, Anthony, and Mikhail." The two guitarists and flutist express greetings. "So, what brings you into the belly of the Beast."

kinem

Adventurer
"Hi, I'm Jase. Short story short, we served on a ship that had to evacuate some injured miners and they took our berths.

What about you guys?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Ak," says Mikhail, "sorry to hear that, but thanks for your trouble. Me and Anthony work in the smelter where the accident happened. Lucky to be alive."

"Ain't that the truth," Anthony agrees. "No more dangerous work on the station than the smelter. Pay's great, if you live long enough to collect and spend somewhere other than this dump."

"Hey," says Marion as the distributes the drinks and food. "Watch your mouth, Tony. This ain't no dump."

Anthony blushes. "I didn't mean you, Marion. I meant the rest of --" He gestures widely. "-- this."

Marion ruffles his hair before she walks off. Anthony blushes again. His friends chuckle a bit.

"I'm a pilot," Ranse says. "Owner and operator the Leadbelly, just about the only manned craft around here shielded well enough to withstand the Beast."

"And I'm a paid companion," Randall says, eyeing Mara suggestively. "Off duty right now, of course."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"That's right," Randall says, "and during that time we do what you want to do, with a few limits."

Rance rolls his eyes and drains half his beer in a couple of gulps. "So, you have any plans while you're waiting for a way out of here?"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"What is these limits, things you won't talk of? There are things I do not share as well"

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Randall leans forward. "Well, I'm not keen on hallucinogens, and any rough play must be understood to be just that: play. For that sort of companionship, I require a safe word and --"

"Enough shop talk," Rance cuts in. "Sheesh! I didn't come here to listen to be people talk about work. I came her to get hammered and play."

"Agreed," says Mikhail, draining the rest of his beer. He wipes his mouth on his shirt sleeve, belches loudly, and then grimaces. "Ug."

"Tasted better going down," says Anthony and Randall at the same time. Rance shakes his head as if to apologize for his friends.

Remove ads