[Stars Without Number] Hard Light

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Will be 2 weeks for next ship no? I will pays you 140 credit for air and room, if ship no arrive we renegotiate?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The interviews end shortly after Dutta informs Cameron that those working get slightly better quarters than transients. Dutta also tells Mara that she can stay in transient quarters as long as she has the funds. After that, the four stranded spacers are dismissed and told that someone will be in touch with them soon. Dutta suggests the quartet visit The Midnight Sun, also located on the middeck.

[sblock=Assumption]What follows assumes your PC goes to The Midnight Sun. If you want your PC to do something else, let me know.[/sblock]

The Midnight Sun proves to be a cantina. Seven patrons are present. Four of them sit in a semi-circle. Mugs and bowls cover the table. Two play guitars, a third plays a flute, and the fourth thumps the beat on a pair of bongos. They look to be enjoying themselves. The other three patrons sit at another table, hunched over in low conversation.

A lean woman who appearances reminds one of rawhide and sharp edges walks forward. Her gray hair is pulled tightly into a bun.

"Sit anywhere you'd like," she says. "I'm Marion. Welcome to my little cantina."

[sblock=XP!]Everyone earns 100 XP for the "action" so far/[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"Well hello there Marion, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Cameron." the young man introduces himself. "I see that there is food, what's good?" He walks up and takes a seat at the bar (providing there is one).

kinem

Adventurer
"Hello Marion; good to meet you. I'm Jase McMoon. I'm in the security business; I hope the weapons I carry don't bother you."

Zerith

First Post
Siegfried, hunched over as always, chose to comment “Drink and be marry, if you’re the glass half full kind; or get stupid drunk, if you’re the glass the half empty kind. I also assume there is decent food."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Marion smiles at Cameron and Jase, but looks a bit confusedly at Mara before she shrugs and smiles.

"As long as those don't get used," Marion says, "we're okay. As for what's good, we've got plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables from our hydroponics on the upper deck. The meat, however, is processed, I'm afraid. I was hoping to get in something fresh." She shrugs. "And, of course, we've got a fine assortment of libations. Name your poison and find a seat, and I'll get your orders to you."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Mara orders fresh fruit, realizing it's something she's never had, then she settles down in a chair.

Songdragon

Explorer
The young man nods, "Ahhh... whatever you have that can bass for a good beer should good right about now." Cameron thinks several moments, "And whatever you can muster up that resembles a burger and a side of fried potatoes?" He nods thinking that all sounds good.

Cameron motions to an empty table and motions to the others, "Looks good as any other"

[sblock=Cameron's Mini-Stats]Cameron Jhal
Expert 1
Initiative: +0 (1d8) Perception +0
Conditions: none
Physical Effect Save: 16 Mental Effect Save: 17 Evasion Save: 12 Tech Save: 11 Luck Save: 14 (1d20, roll higher than save)
AC: 9
Hit Points: 2 of 2
In Hand: nothing
Like a Charm: 1/hour
XP" 100

Cheat Sheet
Inaitive: 1d8 + (dex modifer)
Combat: 1d20 + (target's AC) + (Combat skill) + (Attriute) + (attack bonus) = 20 or higher to hit (-2 to use non-proficent weapon, +1 to use energy weapons)
Skills: 2d6 + skill (if no skill, -1 to skill) to roll over DC 6 to 14[/sblock]

Remove ads