D&D 5E Starter Set Cleric Sheet

Drakhar

First Post
Just looking at the stats and comparing them to the humans. Human: 16/15/14/13/11/9 Dwarf: 16/15/14/12/10/8, initial worries that the human was keeping +1 to all shows that this is not the case.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
cleric1.jpg

cleric2.jpg

Mirtek

Hero
initial worries that the human was keeping +1 to all shows that this is not the case.
Yeah, who would ever want humans to be competitve to the ubermensch races :( +1 to three (probably even forced to be the lowest three) totally makes up for darkvision and an extra hp every level. Three cheers for the humans .... or not

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Just looking at the stats and comparing them to the humans. Human: 16/15/14/13/11/9 Dwarf: 16/15/14/12/10/8, initial worries that the human was keeping +1 to all shows that this is not the case.

Actually I do not believe that this proves it at all. Race and Subrace (where available) can all affect your stats.

Last edited:

Drakhar

First Post
Yeah, who would ever want humans to be competitve to the ubermensch races :(

I do want the humans to be competitive, what I don't want is humans to be better statistically then all the other races. Give humans floating attribute points and extra proficiency with a skill or even a saving throw to show human's versatility and potential, they don't need to be just as agile and smart as an Elf, while also being as hardy and wise as a Dwarf and as strong and charismatic as a Dragonborn. Doing it that way devalues the other races.

jrowland

First Post

Or it could be Dwarves (and other races) get +2 to one stat and +1 to another.

If Standard Array: 15,14,13,12,10,8
Humans get +1 to all: 16,15,14,13,11,9
Dwarves gets +2/+1: 16*,15**,14,13,12,10,8 (* +1, ** +2)

Speculation of course, but it doesn't necessarily mean humans lost +1 to all

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I do want the humans to be competitive, what I don't want is humans to be better statistically then all the other races. Give humans floating attribute points and extra proficiency with a skill or even a saving throw to show human's versatility and potential, they don't need to be just as agile and smart as an Elf, while also being as hardy and wise as a Dwarf and as strong and charismatic as a Dragonborn. Doing it that way devalues the other races.

A +1 to a stat is a lot different than a +2 to a stat. It is close but does not make them on par with a race with a +2 to a stat.

So the Human can be almost as agile or as smart an Elf, or almost as hardy as a Dwarf or almost as Strong and Charismatic as a Dragonborn but they aren't just quite equal but close to them.

Drakhar

First Post
Or it could be Dwarves (and other races) get +2 to one stat and +1 to another.

If Standard Array: 15,14,13,12,10,8
Humans get +1 to all: 16,15,14,13,11,9
Dwarves gets +2/+1: 16*,15**,14,13,12,10,8 (* +1, ** +2)

Speculation of course, but it doesn't necessarily mean humans lost +1 to all

Well that would be true, except you've given Dwarves 7 stats not 6.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases