• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat that movie!

Scupper

First Post
Hakkenshi said:
Scupper, I have to applaud your thoroughness in statting these movies. Great job on most of them, though I have to ask (I may have missed your take on this) as to how you explain the burnt Troll becoming the two-headed Dracohydra. ;)

Probably, as MasterOfHeaven suggested, this is just some sort of WillowWorld-specific effect.

Also, shouldn't one of Indy's high stats be Intelligence? Think of the crazy Knowledge skills he must have; he's also multilingual, and he's a university professor... a competent one, too, if the movie is any indication.

But mostly, he seems to know every damn legend that no one else in the movies has heard about.

Probably right. I mentioned what I thought were his strongest stats, though he's clearly a high-stat character all-round. His academic abilities are given short shrift in the films when compared to the amount of screen time spent showing off his Rogue skills.

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Scupper said:
Draco - a Green dragon? I think you mean Gold. And I kind of doubt he needs any character levels to do what he does, given the natural abilities a dragon gains over time.

He's Green, not Gold. Lives in a forest. Definitely Green. Just because he's good doesn't mean he's gold, and the same goes for him breathing fire. He just took the Breath Substitution Feat for Dragons, is all. ;) Although, given the ease which he travels underwater, maybe he's a Black Dragon.

And, I don't think he is without character levels, considering the fact he somehow survives while every other Dragon (and I'm willing to bet at least one or two were in his age category) gets ganked by the Dragon Hunters.

Bowen takes down the second to last surviving Dragon fairly quickly, but has severe problems with Draco. The only way you can explain that difference, IMO, is by giving Draco character levels.

Hakkenshi

First Post
He's Green, not Gold. Lives in a forest. Definitely Green. Just because he's good doesn't mean he's gold, and the same goes for him breathing fire. He just took the Breath Substitution Feat for Dragons, is all. Although, given the ease which he travels underwater, maybe he's a Black Dragon.

And, I don't think he is without character levels, considering the fact he somehow survives while every other Dragon (and I'm willing to bet at least one or two were in his age category) gets ganked by the Dragon Hunters.

Bowen takes down the second to last surviving Dragon fairly quickly, but has severe problems with Draco. The only way you can explain that difference, IMO, is by giving Draco character levels.

Nahh, Draco was driven from his home, his actual lair is inside a cave, as you'll recall from the scenes where the prince is taken to him.

And he could just be smarter than the other Dragons who got killed. Age and experience for a Dragon are much more dangerous than character levels.

As for the second-to-last Dragon, Draco himself says she was sickly and weak.

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Did he? I don't recall him saying much about her except "So, it was you who killed the Scarred One. She and I were the last. It must've been a proud kill, warrior. How much did her tattered carcass put in your purse?!" He never says she was weak or sickly to my knowledge.

Chrysoula

First Post
Scupper said:
[Buttercup - She's pretty wimpy, but remarkably resistant to Intimidation attempts. Commoner 1, with a very high Will save. She must have the Iron Will feat, because her wisdom is clearly not stratospheric, considering she can't penetrate Westley's rather minimalistic disguise early on.
[/B]

Actually, when we were working this up right after you did the first one, we decided Buttercup was probably level 5 Commoner, Level 3 aristocrat, because her charisma clearly went up when she went from being in the top twenty beautiful people to the most beautiful person.

But that's book and thus not applicable, I suppose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads