• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

evilbob

Explorer
I think this thread is an excellent example of how the vast majority of people rate themselves as "above average." :)

As for myself... Realistically?

Str - 7. I can lift... chairs.
Dex - 11. Years of video games have left me with ok responses and slightly-decent aim.
Con - 8. I never get sick, but I can only run for a couple minutes anymore before I get winded. And I would have very few HP. Seriously, don't hurt me: I crumple.
Int - 13? 14? I have no idea what my IQ is. How do people even find this out? Anyway, like many in this thread I have more than one degree and was top of the class and blah blah blah.
Wis - 10. I feel... wise. Sometimes I'm not. But I am stubborn sometimes. Guessing average.
Cha - 11. Only because I'm a part-time (and fairly bad) actor, not because I turn heads. (Cause I don't.) My mom tells me I'm handsome.

Class: Expert, but only because I can't plow well enough to be a commoner. I craft code sometimes.

Now, stats adjusted for ENWorld boards:

Str - 10. I can lift... CHAIRS!
Dex - 14. CLEARLY those years of video gaming have paid off! THANK YOU PIT FALL!
Con - 12. I NEVER get sick! Also, I can run for literally MINUTES before tiring!
Int - 18. TOP OF MY CLASS! Did I mention MULTIPLE degrees of higher learning? Plus, I often remember things about places and stuff. Vocabulary is good!
Wis - 14. I am so much more patient/wise/discrete/stubborn than anyone I know. Plus, everyone I know is a jerk.
Cha - 16. Did I mention ACT-TORRRR? I've been in probably several community theatre productions that weren't firebombed upon opening. That has to count for SOMETHING!

Class: Wizard. But only because I can throw fireballs once per day after reading about them in a book.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Str: +1 - I occasionally can outlift the average person, but not by much.
Dex: +0 - I don't trip over my own feet when I walk, and I can juggle two balls, but no dice on 3.
Con: +2 - I can and have taken some abuse and kept on ticking.
Int: +2 - I'm smarter than the average bear, I can understand complex processes, create my own complex processes, write coherently and even dream up new game mecahnics. Higher forms of math are my kryptonite.
Wis: -1 - I do a lot of bonehead things that seem like a good idea at the time.
Cha: +2 - I always manage to charm my way back in after doing said boneheaded things.

Class: Expert (True20)
Level: 10
Genre: Papers and Paychecks

Last edited:

Darklone

OMG THIS TEST IS SICK! I AM NOT AWFUL GOOD!!! Damn, Chaotic Good wasn't that far behind Lawful... Usually when I take these tests, I end up as a bard (a class I love to play) but in this test, it's the least likely class for me...

Shilsen, I am more broken than you now.

You Are A:
Lawful Good Elf Sorcerer (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 16
Dexterity- 19
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 18
Charisma- 16

Darrin Drader

Explorer
JustKim said:
When you guys find this thread in Shilsen's sig, are you noticing that it's now three years old? Have you noticed that essentially all of the replies are just people coming in to "stat" themselves and that no discussion is ever stimulated? These are things that I have noticed.

As of this writing, the post I am replying to is over half a year old. Nevertheless, through the magic of messageboard software and the internet, I can pretend that this conversation is still active and post a reply accordingly. I sometimes wonder how often people go check out the fiction I have going in my story hour, even though I haven't posted to that in a couple years. Maybe once a month, once a week, once a day, maybe once an hour. Not that it matters because at this point in time that project is just a beginning that will likely never have an end.

Um, so yeah, people like to stat themselves. I tried to be realistic with mine, though I'm certain that I overrated or underrated myself somewhere.

Arkhandus

First Post
evilbob said:
I think this thread is an excellent example of how the vast majority of people rate themselves as "above average." :)
....My stats on page 3 came out to a total modifier of -2. I demand a re-roll! :heh:

And anyway, we already discussed this on page 4. EN World has a disproportionate number of intelligent people, and geeks in particular. This isn't an average-joe-sports-nut message board, it's a geeky message board. And it's extra-geeky to talk about geeky hobbies on the internet. :heh:

rawgt3

First Post
Str. 15 I'm somewhat short and thin but I've surprised many people with my hidden strength.
Dex. 18 I'm very agile and one of the fastest people I know.
Con. 17 I have'nt gotten sick in 2 1/2 years i think also the only way i give up in a fight is if I'm K.O.'ed "fight thru the pain!"
Int. 17 I was in the top 10 in high school and made mostly A-B's in college
Wis. I am an introspective person who ponders moral isues when bored. I also try to be ever
vigilant in public places.
Cha. 13 I can be a very good speaker when people are willing to listen. Though in company of the immature and shallow I seldom speak because those types of people always twist my words to mean something perverted or otherwise stupid.I also have little force of precence when I choose (I can slip into a room and not be noticed for 15 min.)
NG 4- ranger, 1-scout, 1-rogue, 2-monk I am a zoologist and my hobbies are archery, medieval warfare (sword, strategy, and seige), wilderness survival, blacksmithing, and knife throwing.
I am also currently a green belt in Goju-ryu Karate.

eric mcloins

First Post
I really feel blessed being in the company of such incredible individuals as some of the posters on this thread. I've got only one thing to say to all those people that said they have an INT of 18 because they just divided their IQ in 10 and that is: "How are you doing, Mr. Hawking?". (That's a cynic remark, for all of you whose INT is not in the higher range of the 20s).

Taking the aforementioned test I got:

Human Wizard level 5, True Neutral
Str 11
Dex 11
Con 13
Int 18
Wis 10
Cha 13

However, if I had to stat myself I would be a Human Wizard5/Bard2/Ranger1, Neutral Good
Str 8 - I am weaker than most other male humans
Dex 10 - While I am quite proficient at playing an instrument and painting minis, I am not very agile, nor do I have good eye-hand coordination
Con 10 - I usually don't get sick, but I do suffer from some minor allergies and I have been smoking a pack a day for 16 years
Int 15 - I have an IQ of about 145.
Wis 10 - I have a good will save (quit smoking pretty easily) but horrendous spot and listen skills
Cha 12 - I'm good looking, can handle a leadership role, good with the ladies, less so with males.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
eric mcloins said:
I really feel blessed being in the company of such incredible individuals as some of the posters on this thread. I've got only one thing to say to all those people that said they have an INT of 18 because they just divided their IQ in 10 and that is: "How are you doing, Mr. Hawking?".

I don't necessarily believe that's true. Let's presume that Hawking started life as extremely intelligent, so he had the maximum intelligence possible for a 1st level character, or 18. Now, let's assume that he's an epic level astro-physicist. He would have the maximum Intelligence for someone at level 20, or 23 (18 + 5 (1 for every four levels up to level 20)). He might even be higher than that if the DM is allowing him to use an optional rule that would allow him to reduce points from his Con and add them to Int. That's a far cry from the person who says they have an Int of 18. They may have the potential to become a figure like Professor Hawking, but they aren't there yet and likely will never be.

eric mcloins

First Post
I was referring to the dubious claims of too many people claiming to have an IQ of 180...

I am an extremely smart person. I have an excellent problem solving proficiency and very wide knowledge. I attended a special class for very talented students in high school, and have a BSC and in my MSC studies got very high grades (but I quit).

What's my Int? 15. 16 tops.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads