Steeldance from MoF

Victim

First Post
I think the magic of the weapon would apply.

Actually, most create a weapon type spells don't require concentration. For example, Spiritual Weapon, which creates a force weapon that attacks at your BaB, only requires an action to change targets.

However, this spell actually animates weapons. They'll threaten areas and help flank enemies, unlike most similar spells. With their hardness, they're pretty durable, unlike many summoned monters.

kreynolds

First Post
Ahah! Doc and Victim, you too have figured it out! This spell is actually kind of cool! Take a couple of +1 flaming daggers, cast the spell, and BOOM! Flank! I love it...

bret

First Post
Victim said:

However, this spell actually animates weapons. They'll threaten areas and help flank enemies, unlike most similar spells. With their hardness, they're pretty durable, unlike many summoned monters.

If it causes the weapons to threaten an area, the spell is incredibly useful. One sword on each side of an enemy spellcaster, attacking from opposite sides. If they try to move, one or ther other would get an AoO. If they try to cast, both get an AoO.

It would also allow the rogue to get Sneak Attack bonus without having to go behind enemy lines. That alone is a huge advantage.

Forget about using them to actually do direct damage. Use them to Aid Another and provide a flanking bonus. That is like a +4 damage for any fighter with Power Attack (+2 flanking, +2 aid = +4 to hit converted to +4 damage using the feat).

I would prefer some official statement on this though. Just becuase right now my mage can easily get his hands on a pair of +3 daggers that would make this spell VERY evil. ;)

kreynolds said:
Ahah! Doc and Victim, you too have figured it out! This spell is actually kind of cool! Take a couple of +1 flaming daggers, cast the spell, and BOOM! Flank! I love it...

Orco42

First Post
Well since it says you can cast enhancement spell on them before you cast steeldance I would say that any magic enhancement stays in effect.

Not official but it is logical.

Remove ads