• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STILL No Character Builder Update?

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
Well, the October calendar is up and there is STILL no scheduled Character Builder update dammit. I did my part WOTC. Even though I swore that I would never play 4E again until the Game Table was released, I still bought your Essentials books. I re-subscribed to DDI. I actually even got a little excited about a reinvigorated game. And now you pull this crap.

Fanaelialae

Legend
They announced a few weeks ago that integrating Essentials was taking longer than expected and the the update would be delayed until early October. I think I saw a thread somewhere here (on ENWorld) about them giving a one month refund if you ask...

The lack of any Dark Sun update irks me. Unless character themes are next to impossible to implement, there is no reason not to release that content. Aside from Themes, the rest of the Dark Sun material is based on the pre-essentials design standard.

I can forgive them for taking long to get the Essentials stuff right. It was a radical change from the previous design standard, especially for Martial characters.

jbear

First Post
Well, the October calendar is up and there is STILL no scheduled Character Builder update dammit. I did my part WOTC. Even though I swore that I would never play 4E again until the Game Table was released, I still bought your Essentials books. I re-subscribed to DDI. I actually even got a little excited about a reinvigorated game. And now you pull this crap.
I hope your feeling better now that you have that off your chest.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
They announced a few weeks ago that integrating Essentials was taking longer than expected and the the update would be delayed until early October. I think I saw a thread somewhere here (on ENWorld) about them giving a one month refund if you ask...

Well. If it will be 'early' October, they sure did not put that on the calendar...

Fanaelialae

Legend
Presumably, since they already had to delay it once, they're delaying putting it on the calendar until they are certain of the day it will be ready.

Remove ads