• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E still serching a good Character gen

Thanks guys, very informative. I took a crack at PC Gen, I like it. and yes right now budget is a HUGE factor. The fact that HeroLabs is constantly updated is a big selling bonus but for now it's going to have to be free.

Nagual

First Post
Try pcgen (pcgen.org)
It's free and has pathfinder.

I've been using PCGen as a GM for some time now. Its an exceptional program with full support (data sets) for all the core books and virtually all the current supplements. The forum is great for general assistance and the data monkeys are VERY approachable, with a well organised system for resolving any bugs or user feature requests.

I have only a limited experience with HeroLab (I downloaded the trial) but from what I can see there is not much practical difference between the two. Except for the fact that HeroLab will cost you about $150+ for access to the equivalent data.

I like HeroLab, but it's way over-priced (I'm pretty sure if they dropped their prices they would actually make more money), especially when you consider the functionality of PCGen...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads