• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Everyone, don't crowd on the bridge, retreat back where we can attack for in a line. Others should watch for smart ones that attempt jumps on sides. Otherwise we just pelt them from afar."

Following his own advice, after he moved forward and a bit aside to see orcs line one of his newly recovered hand axes flies into the mass striking the orcs fighting his companions.
OOC:
target the wounded one unless he's too far or arrow killed it.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION], two hand axes are two rounds. Throw now, move as you get the chance. Hopefully we get goblin support at some point :cool:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 3

"Sorry Spuds, I think I better go to the bridge and help out. I won't be far ahead, if you see anything shout." With that Fistan shoots off into the fog, keeping to the back row.

Summoning powerful flame magic, a bright sphere flashes into existence to the side of the bridge and with a gesture it flies into the second row of orcs, burning the first one it hits and any that linger too close.

OOC: I take it the fog causes the area to be heavily obscured? That means no ranged attacks, but how does the Flaming Sphere's light effect affect this? If you allow ranged attacks into the area lit be the sphere, then I will keep it at least 20 ft away from the party. As I write this OOC bit I realise that Fistan might not be able to direct the sphere at someone for the initial hit, so he might just have to position it on the bridge and wait for the orcs to run into it.

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Move: up to 30ft to get to the second row of characters
Action: Cast flaming sphere
Bonus Action: Direct Flaming sphere to hit an orc and threaten the most squares.*
Concentration: Flaming Sphere 10/10
Special: Use a luck dice to force a re-roll on a critical hit on Fistan.

* I suspect that the bridge is most likely the best place for it because the orcs need to end their move within 5ft, so it needs a choke point.

Flaming sphere damage: 2D6 = [6, 5] = 11

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 20/20 (HD: 3/3d6)
Arcane Ward: 2/9 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 2/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion
LEVEL 1: (1/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Sleep, *Fog Cloud (C) Thunderwave, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R)
LEVEL 2: (0/2) *Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step[/SBLOCK]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bethany dances around her comrades to get up front to face the orcs head on. SHe strikes one orc a wicked blow with her sword then tries to shove another off the bridge.

[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 18 Init: +0
HP: 24 / 24 Hit Dice: 2 / 3 [1d10+2]
Second Wind: 1/1 Recharge SR
Action Surge: 1/1 Recharge SR
Superiority Dice: 4/4d8 Recharge SR
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The enemy bodies on the bridge are tightly packed, and the death cleric relishes the twin beams that pour from his fingers at the enemies before him.

OOC: To hit: [roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1] necrotic.
Second target within 5': [roll2]. If a hit, damage = [roll3] necrotic.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Forest near Nightstone/Caves
Morning
Round 1

“Damned orcs!” Dren growled as he held the line. Is axe swung into another orc, followed by a kick to the joolies.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:Handaxe attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Bonus Action: Martial Arts attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D4+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 14
HP: 25/25 HD: 3/3d8
Ki: 3/3
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
Chain mail (dwarf-sized)
Dwarven helm
75 gp
32 sp
37 cp
2 bright gemstones (50 gp ea.)
Potion of Heroism
3 blocks of incense
Silver holy symbol shaped like a unicorn’s head
3 empty vials
Golden pendant of a devil’s head
Healer’s kit
Potion of Healing
[/sblock]

Aremus: Your arrow strikes, quickly fired back to back, bring down the first orc with ease.

Dren & Tranio: The second orc leaves himself open after a sloppy ax swing. The monk buries his ax into the savage's neck and Tranio magic finishes him off.

Bethany: The third orc underestimates you, raising both arms for a sloppy attack. This gives you the perfect opportunity to cut across the warrior's belly. The creature staggers to a knee, but survives. You the shield bash the fourth orc. The creature is caught completely off guard and tumbles over the edge of the bridge.

Ordrar: The goblins nod and follow you towards the fray. You toss a hand ax at the orc on his knees. The blade buries deep into the creatures' skull and it falls over dead.

Fistan: Spuds grows paler as you charge into the battle. Your magic illuminates the bridge as a glowing orb burns the 5th orc, but he survives.

Orc 5:
swings at Bethany, but misses.
Orc 5 swings at Bethany: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10

Orc 6: Swipes at Tranio, but the blade bounces off his armor.
Orc 6 attacks Tranio: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13

Orc 7:
Throws a javelin at Dren, but the weapon flies off into the distance.

Orc 8:

Swings his great ax at Dren, the blade slicing across his exposed chest for 9 damage.
Orc 8 attacks Dren: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

Orc 9:
Orc 9 chucks a javelin at Bethany. Her shield blocks the projectile and it goes tumbling down the cliff.

Orc 10:

This enemy also throws a javelin at Bethany, finding an opening from her previous block. The weapon pierces into her shoulder for 6 damage.
Orc 10 attack on Bethany.: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Goblin 1: The little creature aims his short bow into the fray, but the shot is wild and it flies off into the fog.
Goblin 1 attacks Orc 5: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Goblin 2: The accompanying goblin's aim is no better and another arrow flies far off from the battle.
Goblin 2 attacks Orc 5.: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=170275

OOC: Going to post an updated map tonight. Have to redesign it to fit two characters per square. Theater of the mind for now is fine with heroes jumping in and out of the choke point.

Remove ads