D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 4

Fistan collects the strange demon pendant and the other bits he collected from the magically warded house and goes to introduce himself. Always willing to exchange theories on magic.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 26/26 (HD: 3/3d6)
Arcane Ward: 2/9 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +6 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, One more
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Sleep, *Fog Cloud (C) Thunderwave, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) *Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, two more[/SBLOCK]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC:
Party Treasure
75 gp
32 sp
37 cp
2 bright gemstones (50 gp ea.)
Potion of Heroism
3 blocks of incense
Silver holy symbol shaped like a unicorn’s head
3 empty vials
Golden pendant of a devil’s head - claimed by Fistan
Healer’s kit
Potion of Healing

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Check out the Party Treasure below for what we have. I believe the chainmail and helm went to Ordrar? Not sure. Anyone object to the requests from Trainio? Anyone else have anything they need? Can we get some of the things priced, or do they return to their owners, if still alive?

OOC: My view on this:
Tranio will only buy these things once some party treasure has been split -- though the party benefits, I see them as his possessions, and it's what I would want if he were collecting ritual scrolls, or whatever. For specific items that someone can use (found armour, weapons, magic items) -- give them to claimants who will use them; when there's dispute give them to people who have had less previously.

There's no urgency on the ruby dust, and if there's not a division of things at this time, then thieves' tools also can wait.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"What of the issue of the Xelbrin's Tressym?" remembering that the kind couple he knew were no more, Aremus frowned, "Does the flying cat not belong to an unfortunate family? Not that I believe a creature truly 'belongs' to another creature."

Ordrar: As soon as the drawbridge raises and all are safe again, you feel a stern tap on the shoulder. Spuds stands behind you and he has not forgot the promise of a free keg and costly potatoes.

Fistan: A middle aged tiefling woman approaches you smiling. "That looks quite familiar," she remarks with a point to the pendant. "You must not read infernal. Would you like to know what the door said?"

Everyone: The villagers are shaken, but relieved to be home. Many thought they'd never see Nightstone again and are happy to let them keep whatever they found.

Torem is more conservative. He explains that Waterdeep will help finance repairs, Nightstone falls under their control, but it would be best to leave the villagers with some money for now.

A priest comes back and claims the unicorn pendant, incense, and empty vials. He blesses the heroes in the name of Lathander.

The guards place the wounded Orc in the castle dungeon. You are welcome to interrogate him.

A Favor:

Hearing Aremus' question about the tressym gives the veteran guard an idea. Torem would ask if the group plans to stay together and, if so, where they are heading to next. Unfortunately, the village has more bad news to carry than ravens at the moment and he hopes the group would help.

The Xelbrins were killed in their home when the giants bombarded the village. Aremus recalled that the elderly couple had a son, Miros,who lives in Goldenfields.

Torem requests that the group speak to him about the tragedy and seek permission to keep their Tressym.

Goldenfields is about 100 miles to the Northeast.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Miros Xelbrin is, while I wouldn't say a friend, a neighbor of mine in Goldenfields. I once traveled here in company with him and met his parents, and this amazing cat." Aremus says and scratches Rillix under the chin, who purrs and then looks coy, before Aremus continues, "In fact, I've been meaning to speak to you all of this, but I thought it best to wait until the people of Nightstone were safe: The Abbot of Golden fields, Ellardin Darovik, has sent me south looking for aid. There has, of late, been increasingly frequent raids attempted against Goldenfields by goblins and ogres. I am tasked with finding a group willing to seek the source of these raids, which have been growing increasingly sophisticated. I was planning on heading to Daggerford to ask Sir Isteval there for aid, but you could save me the trip, if you were to accompany me back to Goldenfields. While there, Fistan could ask Miros to keep his cat."

Aremus frowned at his own thoughtlessness, "...After we break the news of his parent's demise, of course. Poor fellow."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"It sounds dangerous!" says Tranio, rubbing his hands together with anticipation and a wicked grin. In so saying, he is volunteering to go.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I've come this far, might as well ride this where it leads."

OOC: I'd love the chance to upgrade my armor, but 200 gp for splint is a big chunk of change, let alone 1500 for plate.

Remove ads