D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I already told Zephyr and the towns we visited. If you want to declare yourself an ally of smaller races, fly this standard." Ordrar again shows his shield shield.png

"Don't fly it all the time or someone might catch on and use it for evil. Keep it shown as short time as you can. And find Zephyr quickly. We last saw him <give directions>"

OOC: sorry, I'm lost in where we flew, which way is where and how far (which I guess makes sense for a dwarf flying :) )

Aremus: There is much commotion when you reach the surface. A large crowd is gawking at the body of the majordomo and a section of wheat fields have been destroyed by cold breath. The dragon is no where to be seen, having taken off to the north. The Abbot is very eager to hear about what you encountered in the clouds and agrees to meet with the young prince. He allows the cloud castle to be landed right outside the main gates of the city state.

Ordrar:
The Prince thanks you for the advice and makes sure to display the sigil prominently before he departs the castle to meet with the Abbot.

[Zephyros had flown off towards the coast to investigate the disappearance of The Storm King and to intercept more hostile cloud giant flying cities.]

Fistan:
You are given access to the castle's library. Stained glass windows between the shelves fill the room with colored light. Even the books here are massive, no doubt meant for giant hands. [Make an arcana check or detect magic.]

Party: For dealing with this crisis, The Abbott offers to grant each of you the honorary title of Knight of Goldenfields. Anyone who accepts would be given a scroll of pedigree, varyfying their status.

Nightstone: The Prince would leave this in possession of the party. Good luck transporting it!

Next Quest: There are several directions that can be taken. Zephyros has urged the party to look further into the disappearance of The Storm King, hoping that he is still alive and able to restore order. Bethany also has the bones of Darthag, one of the villagers killed by the goblins, and has agreed to bring them to his wife in Triboar. The Majordomo also spoke of an army, controlled by hill giants, marching towards Goldenfields.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After speaking to the Abbot and delivering the suggested landing point to the Prince, Aremus offered to buy everyone a round of Golden Gulp and discuss the future.

"After we have had a day or two to recover, I suggest we scout northward to see if we can find a sign of this Hill Giant army. I would like to hope that this Majordomo was lying, but I think we must act as if she were telling the truth." Aremus opined to the group with his usual enthusiasm.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sir Ordrar ;) agrees. "We should definitely get an idea about the army. But the Nightstone belongs to our town. And the bones are taking us further afield. Do you think there is a caravan, maybe replacement garrison we could find heading for Nightstone?"

OOC: How big is Nightstone?

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 6

Fistan seems to forget that there is a looming war and busies himself in the library. Rillix at least seems to show a lot of interest in what is going on, staying close to anyone who seems important.

OOC: Arcana : 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
I also spend a luck point, but it didn't pan out.

There isn't much I can do in the library for now, as we don't have any money, I already owe a couple of the PC's money.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 38/38 (HD: 6/6d6)
Arcane Ward: 16/16 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 2/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball, Tiny Hut (R), Fear*[/SBLOCK]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio accepts the knighthood, as long as he is not asked to swear fealty to anyone. Death is his only master, its inevitable dark presence weighing on him constantly, never fully escaping his thoughts. His outward smile gives voice to his contentment with this.

The Abbott has beautiful flowers decorating his chambers where the investiture takes place. They, too, will wither and die.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goldenfields/Tavern
Evening
Round 0

Dren accepts the title graciously, but he already has some noble status from his family line. He is more interesting in getting that drink at the tavern as they discuss what to do next.

“We cuild likely leave the nightstone wi’ th’Abbot t’ make arrangements while we check oot this army. Triboar is north, as well. We cuild very well make our way there while we keep an eye oot f’r the giants, then scout again on our way back.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 35/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 1/6/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 18 Used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I think Dren has the best plan." agreed Aremus, "We leave the Nightstone here in Goldenfields while those better at shipping large stones are consulted. Our skills lie elsewhere - our group can look out for the Giants while we travel to Triboar and complete Bethany's quest, as promised."

Nightstone: The obsidian megalith weighs hundreds of pounds, so it would be wise to leave it here. Goldenfields would be able to arrange a caravan to transport it.

Fistan: Most of the library is dedicated to battle tactics. You do come across two spell scrolls - confusion and Otiluke's resilient sphere.

Travel The most direct route to Triboar would be the nearby long road. However, you all imagine finding the hill giants will require going off the beaten path and searching the Dessarin valley wilderness to the north.

triboar.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When the group has had time to consult a map (perhaps at the Abbey, or maybe Miros has one), Aremus will suggest, "Well, they wouldn't have a Bargewright Inn if there weren't barges along the Dessarin River. Perhaps we should make our way to the river and see if we can take a river-boat as far as Womford, the Inn, or perhaps even as far as Yartar. We can ask about, and then work our way eastward from one of those places. What do you think?"

Remove ads