D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus listened to the footsteps, and then the crying. It would come as no surprise to anyone that Aremus could not stand to hear anyone cry, giant or not. He considered waking Ordrar, but he realised that the dwarf would certainly try to convince him not to go, so instead, he woke Tranio and said in a whisper, "There is a giant nearby who is in deep remorse - crying, even. I am going to see if I can help. If things go wrong, I may not return, but I must try. I will not reveal the presence of you and the others here, unless it seems safe to do so. Wish me luck!"

After waiting for Tranio to fully awaken and respond, Aremus began to head quietly for the door.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio grunts as he opens his eyes in the dim light, flickering from the remains of a torch in the corner. "Death take me now," he prays.

As he comes into focus, he nods, scratching himself and looking for a place to pee.

"I got the door," he says to Aremus. "Go. Be safe."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With that, Aremus snuck out into the hall in search of the crying giant. He could feel Ordrar's disapproving gaze in his mind's eye, even though the dwarf was still sleeping.

Giant Guest Quarters: It took no time or skill to find who was crying. Sitting on the bed in the other room was a humanoid around 24 feet tall, likely a Storm Giant. They appeared to be female young adult, though who knows how old that is compared to smallfolk, with purple skin and grey hair. This individual wasn't one of those Rillix had noticed at the party upstairs before. Aremus would be unnoticed still unless he made his prescence known.

serissa.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus watched for a little while and then cleared his throat, bowed, and said, "My Lady, I am Aremus of Goldenfields. I am frightfully sorry to intrude, but I humbly ask if I may be of any service to you in your time of need."

OOC: Though the Giant dialect he was taught as a lad had the accent of the lower caste giants, he did his best to clip his accent and use the best words he could find to portray his intent.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[roll0] or [roll1]

OOC: Edit: Sigh. That's how I roll.

Aremus stumbled over some of the words. The Hill Giant word for "My Lady" was "Your Glorious Fatness" and he was pretty sure he shouldn't use that here, but he was hard pressed for an alternative.

Translation Error: Thankfully, the absurd mistranslation provides the Storm Giant with a much needed laugh. "You should work on your giant I'm afraid. How did you get here," the woman asks as she wipes tears from her eyes.

Introduction: "I am Princess Serissa of the Wyrmskull Throne," she says sadly. "I wish that wasn't the case, but it is my burden now. Mother was killed and Father is still missing." She leans in and speaks softer. " I know my sisters have something to do with it all and none of the other giant lords fear me like father. They must be wrecking have it on your world now."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus bowed and answered, "Indeed they are causing no end of trouble for us 'small folk'. I am Aremus of Goldenfields. I have been tasked by the Abbott to investigate these troubles. It is a long story, overall: I came here by way of a magical horn blown by a giant named Harshnag while battling a Blue Dragon."

He paused and looked around, adding "This is Maelstrom, is it not?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases