Stormtroopers are no good at everything !

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@HawaiiSteveO So the system flagged this up as spam, because it was a post with just a link in it. Your account was moments away from deletion and spam banning! Please don't do that -- make sure your posts have some actual words in them, so that the system doesn't autoban you and delete all your posts!

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
@HawaiiSteveO So the system flagged this up as spam, because it was a post with just a link in it. Your account was moments away from deletion and spam banning! Please don't do that -- make sure your posts have some actual words in them, so that the system doesn't autoban you and delete all your posts!
I should have thought of that ... my apologies 😫!

Ryujin

Legend
Unfortunate but when there has just been a mass shooting in Nova Scotia, people are going to be on edge. I wouldn't be walking the streets with a Portal Gun these days.

Back when I was in college we went into lockdown, because someone was seen with a gun on campus. The SWAT team was called out and from our vantage point in the electronics lab, at the top of the main building, we could see both the armoured officers setting up on either side of the door to an outbuilding, and two rifle toting snipers on the roof of our building.

One of the college's VPs walked into the building and pulled the fire alarm. As the students and staff filed out of the building two officers grabbed the suspect student, who had been identified by his student card photo, and slammed him forcefully into the building's wall.

... where they relieved him of a pink plastic Luger, with a sticker dart prominently sticking out of the barrel.

Everyone on campus, well I guess almost everyone, was aware that there was a 100 strong game of T.A.G. (The Assassination Game) going on at the time.

Zardnaar

Legend
Some if those SW blasters were WW2 guns with extra bits added iirc.

I found an old .303 Winchester as a kid. Cleaned it up with steel wool and took that to school to play War with.

War was run around and pretend to shoot each other. Entertech toy guns were often gun metal black and were toy uzis, colts, MP5s.

Mate took his grand dad's defused WW2 grenade to show and tell at school 1988.

I'm guessing things like that don't fly now. WW2 souvenirs and AK47s mounted on the walls weren't unheard of.

My school had 2 25 pounders mounted as static displays and I got to play on a Valentine tank and Bren gun carrier.

Things you could get away with.

R_J_K75

Legend
Back when I was in college we went into lockdown, because someone was seen with a gun on campus.

When I was in high school in the early 90s there were a couple of incidents were people brought guns to school. During one, the poor security guard (Mr. Steele, no pun intended) got shot through the leg tackling a student after a gun fight broke out in a crowded hallway during class change. That was over 25 years ago, before Columbine and with everything thats come after its pretty understandable how people might "over react" to seeing a Stormtrooper carrying an E-11 blaster.

I'm guessing things like that don't fly now. WW2 souvenirs and AK47s mounted on the walls weren't unheard of.

I remember as a kid in the early to mid 80s there was a line of toy cap guns that looked and felt real. Pretty sure there was a Luger, a 45 and some small Walther type in the line. We pulled out the red diffusers in the barrels and afterwards it was next to impossible for the average person to tell it between a toy and the real thing.

There was a report of a gun. And just a week ago was Canada's deadliest mass shooting commited by a guy basically cosplaying as a cop.
Yeah, it was an overreaction, but you can imagine why they were being cautious.

Zardnaar

Legend
When I was in high school in the early 90s there were a couple of incidents were people brought guns to school. During one, the poor security guard (Mr. Steele, no pun intended) got shot through the leg tackling a student after a gun fight broke out in a crowded hallway during class change. That was over 25 years ago, before Columbine and with everything thats come after its pretty understandable how people might "over react" to seeing a Stormtrooper carrying an E-11 blaster.

I remember as a kid in the early to mid 80s there was a line of toy cap guns that looked and felt real. Pretty sure there was a Luger, a 45 and some small Walther type in the line. We pulled out the red diffusers in the barrels and afterwards it was next to impossible for the average person to tell it between a toy and the real thing.

Probably why they started making them out if fluorescent plastic or making them look cartoony.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases