• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

After a few minutes, Allyra looks over the battle scene and casts a Detect Magic spell, concentrating on the area.

She then moves around between the fallen warriors slowly and removes any items that registered as magic from them.

She also checks their horses and the campsite.

Once done, she addresses her companions: “We need to burn the bodies, otherwise we might see them again...” she leaves the implications to her allies.

Boddynock

First Post
Now that he has recovered, Eliyyad helps Allyra search the bodies.

He'll make a tally of mundane items as well. He can't help it - it's the trader in him!

After that, he'll gladly help gather wood to cremate the bodies. And Zariq is more than happy to fire the pyre.

Rhun

First Post
Turo too aids with the collecting of gear, gathering the firewood, and burning the bodies. With those tasks out of the way, he moves to inspect their foe's camp. "Perhaps we should rest here before tackling the caverns. We would be well advised to go in at full strength."

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“We should be wary about this cleric, though. He might still hang around in the vincinity. I could provide us with an extradimensional resting place, which we can access from here, but the horses won't be able to go there. I also would advise against resting right here. I would rather have a place a bit distant, so we are not immediately found, in case he comes back tonight.”

Last edited:

Piling the horde and the bodies

Piling and tying the bodies to a random tree, you set the dead remains a blaze, never to be raised again as zombies and to protect any spreading of a minor plague.
Inspecting the items you removed from the evil party members you find the following interesting stuff.
Bella (Half Orc Sorcerer) - Sickle, Wand, 7 Scrolls, 8 throwing daggers.
Ho Gorrrl (Orc) - 34 pp, Decorative bear's fur helmet worth 300gp, chain shirt, Orcish double axe, Ring.
Saakrah (Minotaur) - 10 gp, mw Dire Flail, Banded mail, Cloak, Topaz stone worth 100 gp
Analia (Drow) - 210gp, Ring, short sword, mw short bow, chain shirt, buckler, 4 Potions.

[sblock=Detect magic]
The following items from the above list are magical
Bella (Half Orc Sorcerer) - Sickle, Wand, 7 Scrolls.
Ho Gorrrl (Orc) – Ring.
Saakrah (Minotaur) – Cloak.
Analia (Drow) – Ring, 4 Potions ( 3 unknown, 1 cmw).
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra discerns the school of magic in each aura, using her great knowledge and understanding of magic she gained during her studies at the University of Magical Arts and later with the Arcane Order.

Once done with her survey, she takes a look at the scrolls and uses her prepared Read Magic to identify any spells written on them, reading one after the other.

And after that, she looks over the potions, trying to figure out what magic they are imbued with.

OOC: Take 10 on the Spellcraft checks for a result of 27.

Allyra tastes, reads and detects the following

[sblock=detect magic + read magic + Spellcraft potions]
Bella (Half Orc Sorcerer) - Sickle (Faint Enhancment, +1), Wand (Illusion),
7 Scrolls: 2 mage armor, 1 gas form, 3 flame arrow, 1 knock,.
Ho Gorrrl (Orc) – Ring (Faint conjuration).
Saakrah (Minotaur) – Cloak (Faint abjuration).
Analia (Drow) – Ring (Faint abjuration), 4 Potions (2 jump, 1 Pass without trace, 1 cmw).
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Rhun said:

Drop Searing Light & Monster Summoning III to cast Cure Serious Wounds on Keldar and Garon (3d8+7)

Keldar sighs in relief as the healing energy flows through his body. Putting his hand on the priest's shoulder, he says appreciatively "Thank you friend. At one point, I wasn't sure I was going to see another day"

Keldar will help with the bodies and agrees with Allyra's plan. "One thing is for sure, I will need to recover from these injuries before we explore the caves"

Rhun

First Post
Turo nods at Keldar's words. "Once we retire for the night, I will use what power I have left to ensure all of our wounds are healed."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads