• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

The giant place the dead cricket on the table, raise his knife and decapitate the large insect's head.
[sblock=giant]
Here you can have the feelers.
[/sblock]
He laugh to himself as he breaks the creature's feelers and throw them to your feet.

[sblock=giant]
I never walked to the south, the passage is too narrow, I am trapped here for .. hmm ... I donno know, but it's long time. I can't swim back up, there is an enormous waterfall and a tunnel and the stream is too strong even for me, I almost suffocated when I reached here. On the other side of the lake there is another passage, I met only once the freaking talking lion, but he freaks me out, he is strong and strange. Oh ... and watch out from the turtle, he can snap your frigid tiny bones to pieces, just don't wake him up.
[/sblock]
The giant begins to shell off the cave cricket.

Rhun

First Post
Turo again speaks to the giant, his voice sounding like grating rocks as he speaks in their thick tongue.

[sblock=Giantish]
"Thank you, great one. Should we learn the way out, we will be sure to let you know."
[/sblock]

The gnome offers a short bow to the giant, and then walks from its lair, waving at his companions to follow. Once safely outside, Turo smiles at his companions. "Well, we have more information than we did before. The giant has been here a long time, having come in from the river, and has not been able to explore south, due to his large size. Apparently, there is a large waterfall, which has kept him from exiting the same way that he came." Turo removes his helm and scratches his head. "On the other side of the lake is what he referred to as a "talking lion." The giant mentioned that he was unsettled by the beast. Still, despite the danger, I think that is our best bet." Turo puts his helm back in place, adjusting it on his head. "He also mentioned some kind of snapping turtle inhabits the lake, so we had best be on guard should we choose that route."

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Most definitely. A waterfall might stop a giant, but it won't stop us. However, let us not forget why we came here in the first place... we havn't found many traces of what we came looking for yet...”

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I wasn't here at the beginning...so no, I don't remember what we are looking for.

OCC: good question! I didn't keep a log of the initial post, all I can remember is that it's an artifact that we need to find. We defeated the baddies that were also after it, but in all honesty, I can't remember if some of them got away (it's been a while...). Stradh, can you "remind" us of some of the details? Thanks ;)

A reminder as told by Eliyyad:

Rumors mentioned a lost artifact that must be found prior to the exploring adventurers from Iuz, Perrenland, Velune and Ket. You were sent by royal representative of his highness, Ruler of Chendl, King Belvor of Furyondy.
The nature of the artifact is unknown, but it is rumored to be forgotten in the lost caverns of the former lost king Tsojcanth. After his downfall, his caves were the place was the demon prince Gratz was imprisoned. But it was centuries ago. Now nobody knew were those caves are, until you found them ... but at the cost of Atesh, Garon, Maor.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OCC: thanks for the reminder Strahd![

IC: "Well, if he's been trapped here for a while, and hasn't been able to go south, I 'd say that makes it a interesting choice. What say the rest of you?". Keldar's gathers his things and is ready to go south. Unless there are any objections, he'll lead the way.

Eliyyad

South is where we came, from the grand stairs and the statues cave.
Eliyyad Remark.
The passages are too narrow for this giant to fit through. Are only chance is too explore the areas beyond the lake

Rhun

First Post
"Then let us head to the lake shore," says Turo with a grim smile to Elyyad. "Once there, we can discuss how best to reach the far side of the water."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads