• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Straight Dope on Eberron . . .

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Joshua Dyal said:

Rugby's played on a pitch. That's what the Brit's call a field.

Picked up from my Blood Bowl days, no doubt.
My bad then.

Kaz, that's just disturbing...

Ashy,

Yeah well I hope so. he's getting lambasted half the time over at the WotC forums. (No real suprise to some of us here.)

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
I for one am looking forward to eberron. I doubt that I will run it as a setting but you can rest assured that I will be data mining my rear off.

Even if I thought it looked like three shades of suck, which I do not, I would buy it on general principle.

I like the concept alot, though with so much mass transit, I am curious how that will affect the traditional "random" encounter schema that many of us have grown to love.

The concept of all races vying for breathing room is something I have often longed to do myself, so it will be nice to see that.

But to be absolutely honest, the thing I am most anxious to see is the artwork. I am just an art dork that way.

I hope this does well, I really do. As far as the meta game goes, I would like to see a progressive timeline, wherein we actually get to see an entire game world evolve.

Hardhead

Explorer
Gez said:
2. If there are nazis, they will not be orcs. I would rather see hobgoblins in that role. Or dark elves. Yeah, definitely dark elves. They're already the Gestapo in Dragonstar.

Oh God, please not the drow again. I would personally be perfectly happy if there were no drow in Eberron.

I vote for the orcs.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Hardhead said:
Oh God, please not the drow again. I would personally be perfectly happy if there were no drow in Eberron.

I vote for the orcs.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but I'm pretty sure I've already seen info on Drow in Eberron. Can't cite a source, but I'd bet $5 on it.

Greatwyrm said:
I haven't heard anyone say that. But I have thought about why most D&D campaigns don't have a "Lamplighter's Guild" of low level mages who go around casting continual light for cities and towns. In the real world, as soon as there was reliable light that didn't depend on fire, there were plenty of people willing to pay for it.

Oddly enough I have a "Lamplighter's Guild" in my campaign. They'd be pretty ticked if mages went around doing the continual light biz. You don't want to see a mad Lamplighter.

Remove ads