Streets of Seilen IC Campaign

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Yunalesca watches wide-eyed...

"Wow... you are so generous..."

-''Yes, I know. What can I say, I have a heart of gold!''

Inwardly, Mal is cursing himself:

''What does she mean, generous? Oh no! Did I accidently give the dragoman a gold piece instead of a silver piece? Man, I'm such a scatterbrain! Okay, don't act weird. Try to look in Evereit's hand. Be cool, don't look suspicious.... Damn! He just pocketed the coin. Argh! Now I need to count my money!''

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
As Yunalesca and Mal walk, they pass a set of five pillars, around a large bonfire. A group of women clad in bright orange are tending to it. Eveiret gestures to it. "Before you is the watchfire of Seilen--a gift to the city two centuries ago, on the ascension of Emperor Prascis XXIV. It was started by a portion of the flame that burns in a similar watchfire in the Imperial City of Legeth, which was started by the Archimagus Bloodstone to commemorate the restoration of the Imperial Line of Lairuusk... The watchfire is guarded by the priestesses of Hathala."

As they glance at the five pillars the pair realizes that they are in fact statues, each representing a man with a name carved under him. One is a formidable looking man with a beard. Beneath him is the name "Caelianus". Another shows a man with a narrow face, his eyes calculating. The name beneath him is "Viminalius". A third shows a proud, slightly arrogant face. The name beneath that is "Quirinius". The fourth is a man with vicious smile, and determined eyes. The name beneath him is "Aventinius". The fifth pillar is man with a cagy, cunning face. Below him is the name "Esquilinius". Each of the five clasps the shoulder of the man to his left, so that all five support each other.

As Eveiret notes the pair's interest he says. "The five pillars represent each of the Five Families. They were carved by the local sculptor Arein Limet. Each shows the founder of their respective Family." He stares for a moment. "All in all, they are very good likenesses..."

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Kaiambus Arkhendeire

Kaiambus shakes off his annoyance at seeing the flag of Urek Mersa on the Slavers' Keep, and moves into the city, falling in line with Yunalesca, Valis, and Mal. He perches Kazanaus on his shoulder. The presence of a major diplomat, unannounced into the city is rather intriguing — he makes a mental note to find out who Abragius Kessel is in the grand scheme of things as soon as he get's a chance to talk to the "right" people for that sort of thing. When he gets closer to Mal and Yunalesca, he nods at them and says, "I'm sure you won't mind my travelling to an inn with you."

It's not a question, but a statement, although not rude and rather friendly in it's own bizarre manner. Both he and Kazanaus are mildly impressed by the lion Valis, although jealous might be a better term to describe Kazanaus's feelings. Kaimbus keeps an eye on Eveiret, just in case the Dragoman is trying to pull anything. Although he's more than certain that both Mal and Yunalesca can take care of themselves, another set of eyes can't hurt. And, in case anyone recognizes him, he pulls his hood down low. No sense in getting involved with his Family if he doesn't need to do so. Plus, they always manage to find him just fine on their own.

Rhialto

First Post
Eveiret glances at Kaiambus, concerned. "Arkhendeire. Surprised to see you here, what with the rumors I've heard... Still that's your business. Here for the Emporium meeting, I suppose?"

OOC: Kaiambus has never seen Eveiret before.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Kaiambus Arkhendeire

Kaiambus is a little bit unnerved by the familiar greeting of the Dragoman, but hides his surprise under a quick, broad, and, surprisingly honest, smile —

"My business is my own, friend...I'm mostly here just to visit some Family."

OOC: If I can get a moment alone with Eveiret, maybe when we get to the Inn, I'd like to find out what rumours he's heard. I'd prefer to just buy him a meal, and a couple of drinks and chat, but if he wants, I'm more than willing to buy the information outright. Anyhow, that's neither here nor there until I can get him alone.

Rhialto

First Post
Eveiret smiles back.

"Family's important, my friend, and Family quarrels can be unpleasant."

He puts a surprising amount of emphasis on that last part.

Rhialto

First Post
The guard spits at his feet.

"Damn mages! When the Purifiers finally burn you out, it'll be a pleasure..."

Another one snorts.

"And an elf too! Why don't you go back to your forest, pointy-ears! Looking to get some human arse...?"

The captain shoos them away. "Don't mind them, sir. They're just a bit drunk, and angry at having to be out here." He pauses a second. "No, we don't have any real mages' guild, I'm afraid... There's a Silver Chalice house in the Dawn Kingdom section, but that's about it..."

Noting the guards reaction, but not responding to it himself, Kelvin asks the guards where the house is, out of 'curiousity' and if they tell him he will simply travel to there.

Clear Dragon

First Post
OOC: sorry for the delay in my response, usually I availible saturdays but everything imaginable has come up this weekend, but since hanging back and watching fits Sirrath it works. FYI i added equip and spells to my char description on the other thread.

Sirrath finally leaves the wagon he was cramped up in, he steps out and stretchs his long frame. He slowly rolls his head around and his neck emits a few loud creaks. He runs his hand through the shoulder length dark red hair. After cracking his knuckles he begins to slowy lumber over to the guards. His eyes instinctively squinting at the sun.

"At last, I thought my bones were going to fuse solid on this ride."

A raven, Nienna, flys over from the nearest tree. It lands on Sirraths's shoulder and whispers al most inaudlibly into his ear. (As standard practice Sirrath sends her to scope out the layout of a city before his arrival).

He walks towards the guards, giving them pleasure as his reason for entering if necessary, and then out of curioistity following the path Yunalesca and Mal(whom he had fenced with once or twice during the trip).

Remove ads