D&D 5E Strixhaven Release Date Updates

WotC posted updated release dates for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos on social media. North America gets it first, with much of the rest of the world getting it a week later. The original release date was November 16th, but it has been pushed back to December. Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (English release) will launch in the following regions: NA – Dec. 7 ANZ – Dec. 10 EMEA – Dec. 14...

WotC posted updated release dates for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos on social media. North America gets it first, with much of the rest of the world getting it a week later. The original release date was November 16th, but it has been pushed back to December.

strx.jpg

Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos (English release) will launch in the following regions:
NA – Dec. 7
ANZ – Dec. 10
EMEA – Dec. 14
SEA – Dec. 16

NA is North America, ANZ is Australia & New Zealand, EMEA is Europe & Middle East, and SEA is South East Asia.

Zarithar

Adventurer
I pre-ordered this, but I have to admit nothing about it that's been revealed so far really interests me. Maybe there will be some magic items and/or monsters I can use. I liked Harry Potter but a Hogwarts style campaign doesn't really appeal to me.

Li Shenron

Legend
This "setting" strongly sounds like Hogwarts, which I can imagine can be very divisive...

However, because it is a M:tG setting (and I am not at all expert of M:tG even if I have played it sometimes) my first thought was that all right of course there's 5 factions in the school of magic, one per color. Instead I was surprised that the 5 factions are based on two-colors combinations rather than single colors, and even more interestingly they are enemy-colors combinations i.e. combinations of colors that are normally opposed, instead of colors that have some vicinity. So with the color wheel (or whatever it is called) being white->blue->black->red->green->white, there are for example white+black and blue+red schools, and so on...

Of course this is not a new idea specifically from this D&D book, it is inherited by the corresponding M:tG cards expansion, but I find this choice a lot more intriguing that the obvious school = color.

Remove ads

Remove ads