D&D 5E strong smelling books

sim-h

Explorer
I had it with Tomb of Annihilation - but none of the others! ToA still smells faintly after a couple of years, but doesn't bother me any more.

jgsugden

Legend
I haven’t tried a fan but I did leave the Descent book open for the better part of a day. Didn’t really help.
Outside? The ventilation helps with thing slike these.
My copy of The Book of Exalted Darkness smells like fear, spoiled meat, and the tears of lost children. Is that the same sort of problem do you think?
You Exalt Darkness? Don't find it Vile? Regardless, I found that if I fed my copy of the Necronomicon it ironically stopped smelling like the spoiled meat of crying children.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Outside? The ventilation helps with thing slike these.
You Exalt Darkness? Don't find it Vile? Regardless, I found that if I fed my copy of the Necronomicon it ironically stopped smelling like the spoiled meat of crying children.
I'm talking about Myler's Exalted Darkness. My darkness is actually also Vile. That hardback lives on my desktop, close to my heart. The one I keep in a glass jar.

Shiroiken

Legend
My dad was a bookbinder, and yeah the chemicals used can be a bit abrasive. Just like new car smell, it usually wears off over time with ventilation. Occasionally the glue can get a contaminant in it that holds a particularly foul smell for much longer. My dad said to put it in a container with an open box of baking soda, like they used to with refrigerators, and it should help the smell break down (or maybe the baking soda just covers up the smell).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases