Stuff I want (From you 3pp People)

Scribble

First Post
I'd be down for a lot of the above especially if it was released with each "delve" in multiple level varieties. That way each location would be more usable.

buddhafrog

First Post
I want more products filling the middle ground between complete adventures and atomic building blocks. I have monster manuals, but I want examples of well-designed encounter groups and sets of encounter groups, ideally with some narrative logic and flavor. I like the Ultimate Toolbox for its lists of role-playing seeds, but I would love collections of complete "stat blocks for roleplaying" as defined in Mearls' latest Ruling Skill Challenges column. I like Dungeon Tiles, but I would buy examples of clever battle maps with engaging and interactive terrain (whether hand-drawn, composed of tiles, diagrammed more generally, or lavishly rendered).

I realize that I could mine all of these things from adventures, but I sometimes think it would be more efficient to consult a library of components instead of having to read and analyze so many adventures to find what I want. If I want to build an adventure where my PCs fight pirates, I want to be able to look up a collection of encounter groups for a pirate crew (I can use as many of the groups as I want, to tailor the size of the adventure), apply a role-playing stat block to the captain and his first mate both to seed the story and to flavor the NPCs, and then consult a book of battle maps for ships and harbors being raided, etc. Throw in some prewritten treasure parcels (complete with rich descriptions of ancient doubloons and the weather-control wondrous item/artifact the pirates used to power their ship), and I'd have a complete adventure, tailored to my preferences, with a fraction of the effort of assembling all the components myself.

100% correct -- but primarily NOT in the dungeon. Also, while Dungeon Delves is levels 1-30, I wonder how ofter levels 20-30 are used? I'd like to double up on those 5-15th levels.

And to reiterate what many have said, if you had a couple 8th level encounters/situations, one might be in a city with the intent of breaking/sneaking into the leader of the local thief's guild with the intent of stealing some item. The other might be an encounter with an ice giant in fantastic terrain ice tree forest. Maybe level 9 would occur in the middle of a city's sun festival to mark the beginning of spring, and the PC's are trying to assassinate (and escape) the city's governor while the other might be a pirate attack on an NPC ship.

My point here is that these should be brief, with a couple paragraphs of fluff. Almost always this is changed to fit our stories, but this fluff does help the DM get creative and think of possibilities. Some of the above examples could be full adventures - but I don't want that. I can create the extra details as needed, but give me some of the details on these four situations, none of which I would feel overly confident creating myself, at least not with plenty of time.

Lastly, just to emphasize, why throw 30 adventures that are more or less similar? Give me many different types and I'll change the level if needed. If I want an ice Forest at level 3, but the product has it at level 9, no problem, I can adjust. But give me the variety and fantastical terrains plus those city/traveling/ship/ situations to beef up my game's variety.

Remove ads