• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Stuff I wish they'd have left from the 4e playtest

Flazzy

First Post
Amongst other things:

• Races grant benefits at levels 1-10 like paragon paths and epic destinies, and racial feats make an elf fighter and a dwarf fighter play very differently (Races and Classes, web previews)
  • Wizard and fighter powers heavily dependant on weapon/implement and secondary stats, making the orb/staff wizard and the sword/axe fighter as different to play as a melee/blaster cleric or a fey/infernal warlock (Races and Classes, leftover PHB fluff, web previews)
  • Grouping at-wills, encounters and dailies by class - paladin encounter=smite, cleric encounter=battle prayer, warlock daily=invocation, wizard encouter=power word etc. (Races and Classes)
  • Paragon paths built for multiple classes (Races and Classes)
  • Skill challenges styled after combat (leftover PHB fluff, web previews)
  • Monsters with less HP grind, especially elites and solos (Against the Giants and Dungeons of Dread RPG cards)
  • Monsters with effects that takes special actions to end and lasting effects even after combat has ended, like the Shadow Demon, Shade Knight, Warrior Wight and Bralani (Against the Giants and Dungeons of Dread RPG cards)
Is there anything already made with that pretest-feel to it? (NDA withstanding)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I'd like to see all that stuff as well - I hope they'll do some sort of Unearthed Arcana or something like that where they show some of that stuff, especially longer lasting effects and the more flavourful implementation of weapons/implements.

Cheers, LT.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
The Wizard traditions sounded kind of interesting, I wish they had kept that idea in some form (just not the cheesy names like Golden Wyvern Adept!). :p

tombowings

First Post
It would be cool if they left it so that the Paladin could use Divine Challenge on one opponent and attack another; I could see that helping paladin's out quite a bit.

Amongst other things:

• Races grant benefits at levels 1-10 like paragon paths and epic destinies, and racial feats make an elf fighter and a dwarf fighter play very differently (Races and Classes, web previews)
If there's one thing I'd like in 4E, it's this: Race as the Heroic-Tier analogue of Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies.

Vegepygmy

First Post
It would be cool if they left it so that the Paladin could use Divine Challenge on one opponent and attack another; I could see that helping paladin's out quite a bit.
I think they did leave it like that.

Standard action: attack opponent #1
Minor action: mark opponent #2 with Divine Challenge
Move action: move adjacent to opponent #2 and end your turn there

No?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads