• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupidest things PCs/DMs have done

painandgreed

First Post
Our party magic user cast rock to mud underneath a group of humanoids that were shooting at us on a cliff above the road we were on. Then came the arguement about if there was a landslide and how big it would be. Took out the humanoids and almost took us out also.

Richards

Legend
In a solo adventure for an AD&D 2nd Edition thief, she snuck onto the grounds of a missing wizard's home at midnight, and noticed the unmistakable gleam of gems at the bottom of a fountain. Not wanting to get her leather armor wet, she stripped it off and stepped into the fountain in her skivvies, thinking to grab up some gemstones.

She didn't expect the piranha fish the wizard kept stocked in the fountain. :)

Johnathan

Liolel

First Post
I've posted this before, but the absolute stupidest thing I've seen a pc do was during a blizzard deciding to sleep outside to avoid paying five silver pieces for an inn room. Of course this was only the worst of a long series of dumb moves by this paticular character.

Roudi

First Post
Encamped with a group of orcs, the party druid decided to enforce her vegetarian diet upon her hosts. She did this by physically removing their dinner, a venison roasting on a spit, from the fire. Her hosts were none too pleased. A short combat later, and the druid was left split in twain from head to toe.

Wikid Klown

First Post
Casting Fireball in both a dead forest to kill off the feindish-treants, then casting it in an all wooden, makeshift fortress, while in the heart of it to kill the beserkers right in front of them.

A noob shot a lightning bolt at a blue dragon, making it very annoyed, but before hand doing it underwater (same player, different character).

A Cleric of Nerull blostering the zombies BEFORE trying to take control of them.

The list goes on. Needless to say, he learned that realism is a part of my game. He recently made a list of reasons not to fight an iron in meelee combat to go along with the previous elemental notes he took. This is all the same guy, he took out my need for an NPC to lighten the mood at the table, now we just reflect on his past mistakes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads