Styx Fans Assemble!

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
BV210 said:
I told my 14-year-old daughter (who steals all my Styx CDs, by the way) about "Plexiglass Toilet" and she didn't believe me. So, I had to prove it. Much laughter ensued.

Just days before my son was born, we saw Damn Yankees in Memphis. I blame them for my now 13 year old son for stealing my Styx cd's and lp's... lol

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Submensa, I stand corrected. I just bought the "Complete Wooden Nickel Recordings" cd set, and hadn't listened to it straight through. I was searching track by track for Plexiglas Toilet, and then realized it might be on the song As Bad As This, like on the LP. It was. My son will be over joyed.

Thanks everyone for the tips and walk down a Stygian memory lane!

BV210

Explorer
Joël of the FoS said:
I was a fan of Styx too, a while ago, but dropped out when they released the album with "Babe". That made me diabetic.

Joël
I must say, while Dennis may have one of the best voices in music today, I'm not sorry he's out of the band. I much prefer the harder sound they're playing today. And "Too Much Time On My Hands" - best song ever.

SubMensa

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
Submensa, I stand corrected. I just bought the "Complete Wooden Nickel Recordings" cd set, and hadn't listened to it straight through. I was searching track by track for Plexiglas Toilet, and then realized it might be on the song As Bad As This, like on the LP. It was. My son will be over joyed.

No worries, I just Googled it and the name came up. I'm glad to be of help.

BTW, I can't claim to be as hardcore a Styx fan as the rest of you, but I do enjoy them immensely.

BV210

Explorer
SubMensa said:
BTW, I can't claim to be as hardcore a Styx fan as the rest of you, but I do enjoy them immensely.
Hardcore? Just because I went to high school with a cousin of Tommy Shaw? Just because I made sure the woman I married liked them, too? Just because I have sung my daughter to sleep with "Mr Roboto"? I think, sir, you are mistaken.

Okay, guilty as charged. :D

BV210

Explorer
megamania said:
Rumor has it they will be touring this summer and may reach Saratoga Springs, NY (SPAC) with Poison.

odd combo.

Checkout Styxworld.com and you can find out for sure (if they've posted the particular date). They'll be hitting Dallas in September with Def Leppard and Foreigner. "Weird Al" is coming in July, but that's a whoooooole different thread. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases