• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Subscribing to D&D Insider

Will you subscribe to D&D Insider?

• Yes

Votes: 85 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 74 26.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 114 41.0%
  • What is "D&D Insider"?

Votes: 5 1.8%

Mitchbones

First Post
haakon1 said:
No, I prefer playing D&D. The only question is whether to stick to 3.5 or go back to AD&D.

Are they revoking the OGL?
Lurk more please.

10$/month isn't so bad and thats coming from a guy who makes $5.50/hr

Fobok

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
This is my thought as well. I won't be seeking random games when I log in, it woudl be to play in my regularly scheduled weekly game (maybe even 2 of them).

I want the unlocked content, the electronic Dungeon and Dragon magazines, the additional articles, etc. I already buy DUngeon and Dragon in PDF from paizo, when available, and my AoW is starting already and the electronic content makes my DMing SOOOO much easier.

I embrace the modernization, the electronic distribution, the electronic gaming tools, the online collaboration, the electric game aids, and anything that will help make my game easier and richer.

This is exactly why I'll be signing up too. Primarily the first point. I have no current options to play D&D locally.

The Cardinal

First Post
nope:
I'm also a Pyramid subscriber - but, though I could afford it, those $10 per month are not worth it to me.
My main system is GURPS4e. Beyond that I still have two D&D3.5 campaigns which will take at least another year to wrap up. Add to that some short Unknown Armies and Unisystem games and maybe a new nWoD campaign. So, although I'd like to DM 4.0 in the future, the investment will surely *not* be worth it to me.
I will keep *playing* the newest D&D version - but only with some one else taking up the DMing duties and the required payments.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
It's a clear "Maybe" from me.

10$ per month is a bit more than my subscription of Dungeon; shipping fees are clearly in favour of online delivery. :) So if the new Dungeon gives me as much usable material as the old one, I'm sold.

For all the other stuff I'm interested in, the Character Generator being top priority, the situation is too unclear right now.

In my groups (up to three) are mainly players who play in this group only. Each group plays about once per month. I don't expect a player to spend 10$ per month to be able to play, let alone buy all the books himself just to be able to use the options therein.

So I would need a subscription model where I as DM can handle all the characters for all groups. If this is the case, a character generator without the need to manually code the stuff from books beside the Core would be an big bonus.

The other parts of D&D:I (NPC generator, Dragon) are nice to have but will not open up my wallet.

The Virtual Gaming Table thing is interesting - as I'm acting as 99% DM in my groups - as long as it offers more than the dungeoneering experience shown in the video.

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

Retreater

Legend
You mean I have to pay for D&D Insider? $10 a month? Hell, I was on the fence about it when I thought it was free.

This is outrageous. Mark me down as "Hell No."

Retreater

Yair

Community Supporter
Retreater said:
You mean I have to pay for D&D Insider? $10 a month? Hell, I was on the fence about it when I thought it was free.

This is outrageous. Mark me down as "Hell No."

Retreater
Why is it outrageous? I can understanding not wanting to subscribe, even for a free service. And I understand preferring it to be free. But why outrageous? Making all that content costs money, what's outrageous about asking for money in return for receiving/using it?

Remove ads