Succubus NPC

Iry

Hero
There's nothing about the situation of "evil creature replacing a noblewoman" that requires a succubus, from the little that I've heard. A smart wizard with a hat of disguise can pull off the same trick. So if the OP wants to replace it, all to the good.
That's certainly true, but you're running into the problem of stereotypes. The OP is concerned about the Succubus not because she has insufficient infiltration, but because (presumably) he deems the stereotypical Succubus as inappropriate for his children. Some of us think the better solution is not portraying this particular succubus as sexual.

It teaches a better lesson, if there is any lesson to be taught.

ScrubbWizard

First Post
Wow thanks everyone! These responses have helped. This is only my second time DM'ing. I have only recently started playing again, after more than 30 years away from rpgs. Soooo a little rusty....

After looking over and reading the MM and thinking, I am leaning towards a Slaadi or Rakesha. However I choose, I would prefer to drop them in without adjusting stats. Just for simplicity.

Slaadi could be controlled by some wizard villian with a Slaadi gem. Easier to fight so maybe a better idea.

However, the Rakesha sounds fun. She could follow them around and eat all their npc contacts, taunting them...

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

neogod22

Explorer
Wow thanks everyone! These responses have helped. This is only my second time DM'ing. I have only recently started playing again, after more than 30 years away from rpgs. Soooo a little rusty....

After looking over and reading the MM and thinking, I am leaning towards a Slaadi or Rakesha. However I choose, I would prefer to drop them in without adjusting stats. Just for simplicity.

Slaadi could be controlled by some wizard villian with a Slaadi gem. Easier to fight so maybe a better idea.

However, the Rakesha sounds fun. She could follow them around and eat all their npc contacts, taunting them...

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

What level are these characters? A Rakesha is not a creature for low levels, neither are Slaadi but definitely not a rakesha. That CR 13 rating is there for a reason, and the fact that they are immune to all spells 6th or lower means spellcasters are completely useless against them. If you want a TPK, I guess that is the monster to go with, if you want them to survive, then stick to what the module has.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

ScrubbWizard

First Post
Starting level 2, but SKT is a long campaign. I don't think they will meet this monster until level 4, if they decide to check out Daggerford. Also, I don't intend for the PCs to uncover the truth until later.

So only role playing at first. Combat much later....

gyor

Legend
A succubus only behaves sexy if you decide it behaves that way, it's not a universal require for all succubi all the time.

jasper

Rotten DM
James, looks like you will have to modify a critter. Anyone what to do him a favor and stat out a cr 4 Rakesha/Sladdi.

S

Sunseeker

Ya'll keep talking like he's gonna have his party fight this thing the first time they encounter it.

The OP keeps saying he doesn't intend for that to happen. IE: they won't even know it's a monster to fight until later.

Why worry about what CR it is? Beyond that, it sounds like he's going to use the Succubus stat block, and just describe it as something else.

Remove ads