Suggestions for semi-cheesy cleric

phil500

First Post
So I dont want to do the persistent thing. And I dont think nightsticks are really fair either.

I want to do a 2H battlecleric who uses divine metamagic to quicken heals and/or buffs, the idea being that i get to attack and do something else in the round if I want to.

I dont mind spending turn 1 buffing but i dont want to buff myself to god while everyone dies and then just sweep in and solo the enemies. Well i would love to but i dont think it would go over well :)

1) can i quicken domain spells? also, i know i basically have to take the domain that gives +4 turns/day. Whats another good domain?

2) when they say in the healing domain it adds +1 caster level, that does NOT mean your cure lights become cure moderates, does it? does it just add 1 point of heal?

3) my first thought is to take a fighter level at level 2. is that the best way to get all the weapons and power attack?

4) what are some good PRC's to look at? what level do they start? also, are they really just strictly better than cleric levels?

Empirate

First Post
Ordained Champion (Complete Champion) is probably the best PrC for what you have in mind. Specifically, it swaps your spontaneous casting of cure/inflict for spont. casting of War domain spells; allows you to sacrifice turn attempts for rather good smiting; allows you to sacrifice spells for diverse quite powerful defensive and offensive benefits; allows you to quicken War domain spells (Divine Power being among those!); grants full BAB, but loses two levels of spellcasting. Makes for a powerful Cleric-based melee guy, but loses out on spellcasting a bit. Think divine gish. It's one of very, very few PrCs that lose spellcasting that I'd consider very good regardless. The only thing you'll notice is that having more than one swift action per round would be really nice.

Alternatively, a Ruby Knight Vindicator (Tome of Battle) might be to your liking: full BAB, some maneuver progression (Devoted Spirit, White Raven, Stone Dragon, and Shadow Hand - odd mix), almost full spellcasting progression. Requires divine spellcasting of some sort and Devoted Spirit maneuvers to enter. It might even mesh surprisingly well with Ordained Champion, since it has one exceedingly powerful mechanic: sacrifice turn attempts for additional swift actions AND sacrifice turns for maneuver recovery. Meaning, if you have enough turn attempts, you can spam several White Raven Tactics in one round! Your higher-level maneuvers will be severely gimped, though, since RKV only advances maneuvers so much.

Remove ads