Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Well said Morrus:)

But I do think it would have been good to showcase some of the teams skills - even just a boomerang throw

Well, this is just the first trailer for a movie that's about a year away. And, they did say they intended it for just the fans at Comic Con, who would already have an interest in the film.

Ryujin

Legend
I've known The Joker was an evil man. But seeing that last scene in the trailer when he says, "Oh, I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurtcha really, really bad" . . . makes me respect The Punisher much more than I do Batman.

Bullgrit

And that last scene really doesn't have me looking forward to the ultimate result. From what I've seen so far, I'm not a fan on Leto's take on The Joker.

MechaPilot

Explorer
And that last scene really doesn't have me looking forward to the ultimate result. From what I've seen so far, I'm not a fan on Leto's take on The Joker.

Really? Because that last scene makes me eager to see more of Leto's Joker. That last scene makes me think that we might finally see a truly evil, brutal, crazy Joker. I also want to see how they integrate the comedy aspect with that level of sadistic cruelty, because we really didn't get to see the comedic aspect yet in the trailer.

Ryujin

Legend
Really? Because that last scene makes me eager to see more of Leto's Joker. That last scene makes me think that we might finally see a truly evil, brutal, crazy Joker. I also want to see how they integrate the comedy aspect with that level of sadistic cruelty, because we really didn't get to see the comedic aspect yet in the trailer.

I think we got that from Heath Ledger, though less so the overt comedy.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I think we got that from Heath Ledger, though less so the overt comedy.

Heath was good. I feel that all the Jokers that we have had have been on an improving trajectory over time. Nicholson was better than Romero, Ledger was better than Nicholson, and now we have to wait and see where Leto fits in. I would even say that Hamil was better than Nicholson (with Ledger better than Hamil), but them Hamil had the unfair advantage of simply having to voice the character; the dirty work of appearance and physical acting was placed on the animators instead.

I will say that I don't think Ledger's Joker was as sadistic as Leto's Joker will be. Ledger's Joker seemed to use violence to make a point, to execute a plan, and in anger, but he never really seemed like he was violent simply for his own amusement or satisfaction (at least not to me). It always seemed like he got amusement or satisfaction from the plan, or making the point, and that the violence was really a secondary and trivial part of that outcome.

He also stepped away from the clown aspect of the character, which you alluded to with the less "over comedy" remark. I'd like to see the clown come back with Leto's Joker, but they need to temper it with the greater brutality and sadism so the clownishness doesn't siphon off the gravitas of the character.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I wouldn't bother replying to Bullgrit. He's flounced off yet again. He's not a fan of debate. He won't be returning this time.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Tastes differ. For me, Joker is the ultimate psychopath. The ultimate evil; way beyond Vader, Darkseid, or whoever is supposed to be super-evil in the Marvel universe. For me, he's cinema's and comic books' biggest villain. He needs to make Darth Vader recoil in fear; he needs to make Darkseid cringe. Because that's his superpower - he's not a genius like Luthor, or strong like [every other villain], and he can't fly. He's a man. But he's truly, irredeemably, utterly, psychopathic. That's why he's scary.

Ryujin

Legend
Tastes differ. For me, Joker is the ultimate psychopath. The ultimate evil; way beyond Vader, Darkseid, or whoever is supposed to be super-evil in the Marvel universe. For me, he's cinema's and comic books' biggest villain. He needs to make Darth Vader recoil in fear; he needs to make Darkseid cringe. Because that's his superpower - he's not a genius like Luthor, or strong like [every other villain], and he can't fly. He's a man. But he's truly, irredeemably, utterly, psychopathic. That's why he's scary.

I feel the same way. For me that was Ledger's Joker. What I'm seeing so far from Leto's Joker strikes me more as attention whore than psychotic villain. Ledger's portrayal is something that I actually found disturbing. I may be proved wrong when the movie is actually released, but that's my take so far.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I feel the same way. For me that was Ledger's Joker. What I'm seeing so far from Leto's Joker strikes me more as attention whore than psychotic villain. I may be proved wrong when the movie is actually released, but that's my take so far.

You've seen... 12 words. Honestly, this conversation is mildly silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases