• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sultans of Smack

Victim

First Post
Ah, a thri-keen smack. My brother and I often joked about a 2e thri-keen grandmaster using 4 weapons with the ambidexterity prof in C&T that could allow one to get a full number of attacks with secondary hands.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Victim said:
Ah, a thri-keen smack. My brother and I often joked about a 2e thri-keen grandmaster using 4 weapons with the ambidexterity prof in C&T that could allow one to get a full number of attacks with secondary hands.

I always took Multiple Weapon Specialization and then specialized in the bite, mastered the claws.

I don't remember there being a proficiency in Combat and Tactics that allowed you to get full attacks with your off-hand weapon. Ambidexterity just reduced your off-hand weapon penalties.

Victim

First Post
Ambidexterity said that you fight as with 2 primary hands. The primary hand gets full attacks. Ergo, full attacks with both hands.

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
If you like Thri-kreen, here's another one I came up with while working on the previous one. (I'm assuming variations of this have been done before.)

"Jump Over the Moon? No Problem!"

OVERVIEW
Lots of Mental Leap and Speed of Thought, plus jumping stuff.

RACE AND CLASS
Non-Psionic Thrikreen (+3) Psychic Warrior L13

ABILITY SCORES
Str 36 (18, 2 racial, 6 enhancement, assume +5 unnamed from Animal Affinity, +5 inherent)
Wis 13

POWERS
L0 Burst, manifest for free
L1 Skate, 1 PP
L2 Animal Affinity, 3 PP

EQUIPMENT (260000)
Ring of Jumping, 2000
Boots of SS, 6000
Belt of Str +6, 36000
Thri-kreen padded armor (+1) of quickness (PsiHB), 4160
Book of Str +5, 137500

FEATS
m1 Dash (Song and Silence)
c3 Inner Strength
c6 SoT
c9 ML
c12 ML
c15 ML

p1 SoT
p2 ML
p5 SoT
p8 ML
p11 ML

SKILLS
Tumble 5
Jump 16

JUMP BONUS
ranks 16
Str 13
Comp 10
Unnamed 30
racial 30
synergy 2

total: +101

SPEED:
base 40
Speed of Thought*3, +30
Dash +5
Armor of quickness +5
Skate +30 enhancement (on a decline)
Burst +10
(40+30+5+5+30+10)*2 [Boots of SS] = 240 Speed

Let's assume I roll a 20 for my jump skill check. My running jump horizontal distance is:

[5ft. (minimum) + 111 ft.]*[240/30]*7

or

6496 ft.

Notes:
1) Took Inner Strength to get 9 PPs for the third SoT.
2) I'm under the impression that Boots of SS and Expeditious Retreat do not stack, or else I'd give this character a wand and lots of Use Psionic Device.
3) I'm still having fun. *grin*

Archer

First Post
The sage capped Boots of SS at 100' move based on 50' being the highest non-magical speed for M sized creatures. In any case, boots only multiply base move and do not stack with any magical or SU speed enhancement.

Here's a 5th level wizard who can cast fly. Now his horizontal jump distance is 90 (fly) * 2 (double move) * 50 (minutes) * 10 (round) or 90,000 ft!

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Archer said:
The sage capped Boots of SS at 100' move based on 50' being the highest non-magical speed for M sized creatures. In any case, boots only multiply base move and do not stack with any magical or SU speed enhancement.

Is that in the FAQ?

(If that is the case, then I would buy some shards of jump +10, and a wand of expeditious retreat, then max out UPD. Different approach, same result.)

Here's a 5th level wizard who can cast fly. Now his horizontal jump distance is 90 (fly) * 2 (double move) * 50 (minutes) * 10 (round) or 90,000 ft!

Two things:

1) Flying horizontally is not the same as jumping horizontally, silly human.

2) Your character lacks style!

Vander

First Post
hafling?

How about a 4th level Rogue, Hafling, with a Half-Fiend Template?Ability scores are S 18, D 24, C 19, I 21, W 12, Ch 16. Hp 36. Feats are Combat Reflexes and Weapon Finesse- Dagger. Any cool smackdown ideas? Ideas for Feats, etc. as he advances?

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Victim said:
Ambidexterity said that you fight as with 2 primary hands. The primary hand gets full attacks. Ergo, full attacks with both hands.

Uhm... No.

That's not how the rules-as-written work, and there's an entire feat chain that requires Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting that, if this were the way the rule worked, would not make sense.

You also do not get two attacks on an attack action-- you need to make a full attack action with your off-hand, regardless of the Ambidexterity feat.

reapersaurus

Explorer
ConcreteBuddha said:
I noticed a couple people here had used the Singh Rager effectively. Here is my take on it, using an ECL race:

"Don't Mess With This Bug!"
Good job.
I don't know what the Exotic weapon is, but it looks fun.

Your build is pretty close to the idea for my shield-Smacking Singh Rager that deals >2000 damage (with FCtF and ECL race : Knuk, a 4-armed cat-man)

Remove ads