Sultans of Smack

Someone

Adventurer
It´s a long thread, so I have no time to read it all; Did someone the smackdown of Psichofeedback+Power critical+ Mind feeder weapon?

Surefoot

First Post
I know of a baddie who can take infinite damage without dieing.

It must be a cleric, who casted
a) favor of illmatar
b) monstrous regeneration

Explanation:
b) converts all damage (except fire and acid) to subdual damage
a) means you are immune to subdual damage

Thus your Banite is invincible!

Jeremy

Explorer
Both the above have been mentioned though neither have been made into full smacks. The psycho feedback one covered more of the details but was more of a power play then a fully fleshed out and optimized smackdown.

Surefoot

First Post
How is the ultimate smackdown defined?

Was a ranger/barbarrian/fighter/tribal protector/weapon master or something already suggested?

Jeremy

Explorer
It would be a 16th level legal character with either point buy or reasonable dice roll stats within the limits of the gp value of items for a character of his level that does the maximum possible damage within a single round with average rolls and achievable circumstances. :)

I don't know about a weaponsmaster tribal protector, but we had a frenzied berserker tribal protector with incredible strength and number of attacks per round.

With frenzy, wild fighting, frenzied attack, and high base attack all granting additional attacks, two handed power strike capitolizing on high strength and a good high damage good critical possibility will make a great smackdown...

Surefoot

First Post
Humm have you already seen a barbarrian fighter tribal defender frenzied berserker weaponsmaster with a mercurial greatsword and power critical and cleave? If not, i'll try to figure out the average dmg the first round. Do you allow for polymorphing into firbolgs?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Surefoot said:
Thus your Banite is invincible!
To damage, but not to other things, right?

BTW... Jeremy and all you smackers, are y'all already looking forward to smacking in D&D 3.5? :D

Burne

First Post
For tons of Smackdown goodness, check out Savage Species. Seriously, the writer's were writing to this thread. A few samples.

General Feat that grants 2/- DR, can be taken over and over, requires 20 Con and toughness. Sounds like one burly dwarf to me.

Lion's Pounce: 2nd level Wiz/Sor, 1st level Druid spell. minutes/level, touched target get the ability to charge and full attack.

Girillon's Blessing: 10 minutes/level, target gets lots of extra arms. Medium sized blokes can have up to 2 extra pairs.

Rules for more than 2 hands on a weapon, you get an extra 1/2 Str per hand (see above)

Painful stuff

Last edited:

thegreatbuddha

First Post
The Machine Gun

Human Wizard9/Mystic7

Feats:
Spell Penetration (Human)
Spell Focus - Any (1st)
Quicken Spell (3rd)
Twin Spell (6th)
Greater Spell Penetration (9th)
Scribe Scroll (Wizard bonus feat)
Extend Spell (Wizard5)

Equipment: Lesser Rod of Quickening

Setup: By 7th level, a Mystic can permanently apply the Empower feat (through Spell Secret class ability) a total of 4 times. Drop it all on Magic Missile. Now, Memorize 5 Twinned Magic MIssile, Haste, and Spell Haste (From the Villiagn Design Handbook; 2nd level spell).

Surprise Round: With surprise partial action, cast Haste. With Haste partial action, cast Spell Haste. With Rod of Quickening, cast Quickened Twinned Quadruple Empowered Magic Missile.

Round 1: Cast Twinned Quadruple Empowered Magic Missile as a standard action. Cast Twinned Quadruple Empowered Magic Missile as a move-equivalent action (from Spell Haste). Cast Twinned Quadruple Empowered Magic Missile with partial action from Haste. Cast Quickened Twinned Quadruple Empowered Magic Missile with Rod of Quickening.

Damage per missile: (3.5 *3=10.5)

As a 9th level caster, each Magic Missile spell produces 5 missiles, doubled for being twinned. That's 10 Magic Missiles per spell.

Surprise Round: 10 Magic Missiles (10*10.5=105)

Round 1: 40 Magic Missiles (40*10.5=420)

Total Damage: 525

Since Spell Haste doesn't grant any additional actions, it stacks with Haste (It allows 1 spell per round to be cast as a MEA). Even without Spell Haste, you only lose 1 casting, or 10 missiles. The smackdown still does 420 points of damage.

The Mystic PrC, which this class is built around, was designed before adding +1 caster level became standard practice. If we were to assume that the Mystic PrC was actually a +1 caster level/2 levels class, and you went wizard7/Mystic9, all of the magic missiles would be empowered 1 additional time, as well as maximized for free. If you add the Persistent power feat, you can cast a Persitent Spell Haste at the beginning of each day, which allows you to eek out 1 more swarm of Magic Missiles. Also, you could Empower each Magic missile Spell cast 1 additional time. So, you would be casting Twinned Maximized Septuple-Empowered Magic Missiles.

Damage per Missile: (5*4.5=22.5)

Surprise Round: 20 Missiles (20*22.5=450)

Round 1 : 40 MIssiles (40*22.5=900)

Total Damage: 1350.

Just imagine what this guy could do if he chose to modify Ray of Enfeeblement instead (155 strength damage anyone?).

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
60 streaking missiles that all seek an unerringly strike their target. Now that's fun stuff. I'm sure someone will talk about shield or minor globes, but me, I want to talk about missile batteries firing from the broadside of galaxy star cruisers with pin point accuracy. 60 sounds about right from me, now what does it look like if a person does it?

Vegeta. That's what. Of course, that attack always seems to do absolutely nothing, but it looks good! :)

One side note though, ray of enfeeblement will never take strength below 1 unfortunately. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads