Summer's End Delve (Party 1)

Annalist

First Post
[sblock=OOC to Redclaw and Nac Mac Feegle]Should we be acting already? I don't think Whirlwind and Varis got to take their turns yet. (They go after the monsters.)[/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I was under the impression that we could simply all post in whatever order, so long as our actions were not too dependent on others' (if someone else occupies the square I was headed to, I'll change it).
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I was under the impression that we could simply all post in whatever order, so long as our actions were not too dependent on others' (if someone else occupies the square I was headed to, I'll change it).

No, you don't change it. post order = play order. The only time we modify that is if two people post at the same time. You can still delay though, Just mention something and hopld your action.

[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
[sblock=Immediate Reaction] Unbreakable: Reduce damage from the harpy dead cloud hit by 7. 16 damage-> 9. So I'm adding 7 HP back on.[/sblock]

The mercenary steels himself against the burning acid, ignoring the pain. Some gets into his eyes despite his efforts. He growls, "Can't see." But that doesn't mean he can't fight.

Whirlwind runs his sword across one of the enchanted stones in his belt; a faint smell of ozone drifts through the air as the magic rock delivers its charge of elemental lightning into the weapon. Thus prepared, he advances towards of the wall of enemies viewed briefly before the acid attack and puts his back against the wall before swinging at the nearest birdwoman. However, his lack of sight causes his sword sweep to be easily evaded. The creature is still distracted by his attacks.

[sblock=Action]Minor Action: use Tempest Whetstone
Power (Consumable ✦ Lightning): Minor Action. Touch this whetstone to a melee or ranged weapon you hold. Until the end of the encounter, any successful attack with the weapon deals an extra 2 lightning damage to each enemy within 2 squares of the target; the target of the attack does not take this damage.

Move Action: move NE to G3.

Standard Action: Cleave at top Harpy (Harpy 1?)
Cleave: +24 v AC: H: 1d10+15 damage, and 7 damage to other target

Blind -5 attack. Back to the Wall: +1 attack Hallowed Ground: +2p attack:
+22 attack v AC: 1d10+16

Roll Lookup

1d20+22; 1d10+16; 1d20+3 → [4,22] = (26) MISS
1d20+22; 1d10+16; 1d20+3 → [2,16] = (18)
1d20+22; 1d10+16; 1d20+3 → [4,3] = (7) FAIL

Save: +3: FAIL.

Harpy 1 is marked by cleave attack.

-----------------------
Planned Immediate Actions: Use Combat Challenge if the Harpy invites it.

If not, use Strikebacks' power if applicable:
Power (Encounter): Immediate Reaction. Use this power when an adjacent enemy hits you. Make a melee basic attack against that enemy.

Use Precision Cut if any foe provokes OA.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]Whirlwind 110/141(70), 13/13(35); Blinded(Save ends); AP 1

39 - AC 36 (19+2s+1f+14armor)
35 - F: 33 (19+1r+2c+7a +4e+2i)
32 - R: 30 (19+1r+2s+4a+4e)
29 - W: 27 (19+1r+2a+4e+1i)

Buffs: Hallowed Ground: +2p attacks, saves, defenses
Tempest Whetstone: 2 lightning damage on hit to enemies within 2 squares of the original target.
Back to the Wall: +1 melee attack, melee damage, and +1 AC

[sblock=Powers Used]
Unbreakable, E

[/sblock]

[sblock=Items used]
Tempest Whetstone x1 (consumeable)[/sblock][/sblock]

-----------------------------------

[sblock=OOC] Note that all of my Close Burst attacks are restricted to targets that Whirlwind can see. So I can't Come and Get It to suck the enemies in.

Hawk's Talon doesn't ignore total concealment, like that imposed by blindness. But it looks like you hit easily anyway.
[/sblock]

Annalist

First Post
OOC: I was going to wait for Shaggy (Varis) to post first, but it's been a while so I'm going to go ahead with what I've typed up. I can always go back and retcon if need be.

Aethan breathed a sigh of relief as he stood admiring his handiwork. For a moment there, he had been concerned about the nature of the vapors within the large chamber. If they'd been flammable, then his wall of fire would have probably incinerated him and his new companions to a crisp. Not a good way to make friends, he thought. He wisely chose not to mention anything about it to them.

As he was mulling over the mist, the floor started shaking as a pair of lumbering trees and two winged harpies emerged from the curtain of flames that the young Wizard had conjured. The sight of them nearly made his eyes bulge out of his head. But he had to admit that they were quite an impressive spectacle, although they looked charred and really pissed off. I hope they don't know that I made the fire, he quailed. Maybe if I point to the priest, they'll blame him instead.

Just as he was about to implicate the Half-Elf Cleric, the harpies began spewing acid and screeching at the top of their lungs. Their caustic cries singed Aethan's exposed skin and made his clothes smolder. Well, this is uncomfortable, he frowned. Something drastic had to be done.

"Please cease your singing! It is terrible and off-key! Have you considered trying a new hobby?! Glassblowing, perhaps?!"

One of the harpies jeered and spat at him.

Well, that was rude and uncalled for, Aethan sniffed, offended.

"Because of your poor attitudes, you leave me no choice but to annihilate you all! But first, you really should do something about the unsanitary condition of your lair! You have mold growing everywhere! It's unhygienic!"

The creatures didn't appear to be listening to him despite all of the excellent advice that he was shouting out. Typical, he thought. Maybe they'll listen if I blast them first. Quickly tapping into the ambient energies all around him, Aethan channeled the accumulated power into three successive spells. First a piercing light, then a crackling storm cage, and finally a booming thunderwave.

There, that should get their attention, he smirked.

[sblock=Round 2]Minor: Sustain wall of fire.
Move: Cast light cantrip at J5. (only requires a minor action, illuminates all squares within 4 squares of J5)
Standard: Cast storm cage at J7. (area burst 2)
Free: Spend Action Point.
Standard: Cast thunderwave at I3. (close blast 3)[/sblock][sblock=Dice Rolls]Storm Cage hits Treant at L5 (Int 32 vs. Ref 27) for 16 damage.
Thunderwave hits Harpy at H4 (Int 40 vs. Fort 27) for 20 damage. Harpy pushed 3 squares to H7 into wall of fire.
Thunderwave hits Harpy at I4 (Int 38 vs. Fort 27) for 20 damage. Harpy pushed 3 squares to I7 into wall of fire.[/sblock][sblock=Storm Cage & Wall of Fire]At the start of their turn, storm cage can possibly affect: Treant at G5 or G6, Harpy at H7, Harpy at I7, Harpy at K4, and Treant at L5
At the start of their turn, wall of fire can possibly affect: Treant at G6, Harpy at H7, and Harpy at I7

enc1-2.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Status]AC: 36 (+2 hallowed ground, +1 phalanx)
Fort: 29 (+2 hallowed ground)
Ref: 33 (+2 hallowed ground)
Will: 31 (+2 hallowed ground)

Hit Points: 81/91
Temp HP: 0
Healing Surges: 7/7

Saving Throws: +3 (+1 human perseverance, +2 hallowed ground)

Action Points: 0[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Hrm..."

Varis makes a quick mental assessment of the room's inhabitants as he walks to the bottom of the stairs.

Caiphon, I give you that Treant...and also I will try and claim that harpy down there for you.

Varis then raises his rod towards the Harpy and lets loose a mist of freezing shadow, causing the cold to cling to the harpy, lowering her defenses.

He then whips around to target the Treant he had promised to Caiphon and brings radiant doom upon it, causing it to glow and seep sap from his barky flesh.

"Thank you Caiphon."

[sblock=ooc]
Beginning of turn: take 10 acid damage
Move: to G1
Minor: Curse Treant at F5 and Harpy at K4.
Standard: Frigid Darkness vs. Harpy at K4. Hit= Fort 27; 2d8+2d6+10=22 damage. use Warlock's curse damage. Harpy takes -3 penalty to AC and grants combat advantae to everyone until the end of my next turn.
Action Point: Strand of Fate vs. Treant at F5. Crit. Critical damage=39. The Treant gains Vulnerable 13 to all attacks until the end of my next turn. He also takes Ongoing 5 radiant damage from my Star Bright PP ability. Use my Trauma Bracers: the Treant can't regain HP (save ends)

Varis 101/132(67), 8/8(33); AP 0
Treant 1 hp 147/316; Bloodied; Hunter's Quarry, Warlock's Curse, Ongoing Radiant 5 (save ends), Vulnerable (all) 13. Can't regain HP (save ends)
Harpy 4 hp 96/118; Injured; Warlock's Curse, -3 AC, grants combat advantage to everyone.

[sblock=My stats]
Initiative +8

Hit Points 101/119
Temporary HP 0
Healing Surges 12/12

Action Points 0
Milestones 0

Concealment: -2 attacks vs. Me
Armor Class 31
Fortitude 30
Reflex 30
Will 30

OA :bmelee: +4 terror dagger +19, 1d4+4

Darkvision
Passive Perception 21
Passive Insight 28

[SBLOCK=Power Tracker]Second Wind
Booming Blade
Coldfire Vortex
Ethereal Stride
xFrigid Darkness
Steps on the Purple Stair
xStrand of Fate
Trust in the Guide Star

Dark One's Own Luck
Dread Star
Eye of the Warlock
Shieldling Shades
Summons of Khirad
Visage of Zhudun

Dread Weapon
Irrefutable Armor
Rod of the Hidden Star
Rod of the Hidden Star
Shadowfell Gloves
Torc of Power Preservation
xTrauma Bracers[/SBLOCK][/sblock][/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: I have not yet done the monsters turn. High paragon is MUCH harder to run than I thought. sorry for the lack of IC or anything. PLEASE double check my stuff. I'll probably post before monday.

OA Versus Lianaid AC 33 1 2= 36 harpy OA (1d20 22=40, 2d8 6 =21)

wall of fire
h2 moves along stormcage and dies

3066107469_3042960e92_o_d.png

PC Status:
Thom 55/110(55), 8/8(27); Blinded(Save ends); AP 1 +2def hallowed grnd +2 def Bloody Tenacity
Aethan 91/91(45), 7/7, 22; AP 1 +2def hallowed grnd +1 ac phalanx
Whirlwind 120/141(70), 13/13(35); Blinded(Save ends); AP 1 +2def hallowed grnd
Lianiad 94/132(67), 8/8(33); AP 1 +2def hallowed grnd
Varis 121/132(67), 8/8(33); AP 1 +2def hallowed grnd

Enemy Status:
Treant 1 hp 147/316; Injured; Hunter's Quarry, cursed,bloodied vulnerable 13 till end of next turn, Ongoing Radiant 5 (save ends),can't regain hp saves ends
Treant 2 hp 264/316; Injured
Harpy 1 hp 76/118;
DeadHarpy 2 hp 12/118;HQ, Marked-Whirlwind; Bloodied.
Harpy 3 hp 76/118; cursed, -3 AC, CA till Varis next turn
Harpy 4 hp 118/118; OK

[sblock=enemy stats]Treant HP 316(158) AC 32; Fortitude 32, Reflex 27, Will 32 Vulnerable fire (ongoing 5 fire damage[save ends] when damaged by fire).

Windrage Harpies HP 118(59) AC 27; Fortitude 27, Reflex 26, Will 27 Resist 10 acid
Windrage Song (Acid) aura 10; an enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 10 acid damage (deafened creatures take 5 acid damage).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] A few questions about PC status block:
How did Thom regain 10 hit points? Last update had him at 55 and bloodied, now he's suddenly at 65. If he dropped to 55, his Bloody Tenacity would have kicked in, giving him an additional +2 to all defenses.
Did Lianiad use the Healing Word Thom gave him? If so, he should be down a surge.
Other than that, it looks good to me. [/sblock]
[sblock=Nac Mac] It doesn't matter, due to a really high roll, but you might want to double-check Hawk's Talon. I'm pretty sure it only ignores normal concealment, not Total, as is granted by invisibility/blindness.[/sblock]

Remove ads