Summer's End Delve (Party 1)

Annalist

First Post
A squat tower stood poised upon a rocky crag as a sustained Sudden Storm squalled around it. The seething winds and rain were usually enough to keep supplicants and visitors away, with only the most determined ever daring to trespass. And to those that knew of the structure's existence, it was considered a cursed locale. But to Aethan the Stormbringer, it was simply his home.

Zuris, the tower's wizened doorwarden and its only other permanent resident, announced, "You have a visitor." His voice was solemn and grave. But then, it always sounded like that. He took his job, all four of them in fact, very seriously. Not only was he the doorwarden, but also the groundskeeper, butler, and cook as well.

Sitting at an ancient oakwood desk littered with leather-bound tomes and vellum scrolls, Aethan glared at his underling. A mixture of annoyance and surprise was clearly etched across his aquiline features. "I said I was not to be disturbed." Unfortunately, curiosity started to get the better of him. "Who is it?" he finally asked.

"A Fey Elder from the Highridge Arcane," Zuris replied somberly. "I informed him that you were busy with weighty matters of dire import but he was very insistent."

Hmm. His interest piqued, the young Wizard descended from his study to the ground floor's spartan antechamber. There was indeed a Fey Elder awaiting his presence there. And by the grim look on his face, he wasn't bearing good news.

"Mighty Stormbringer..." the rain-soaked Eladrin began.

Susceptible to flattery, Aethan listened patiently to the Elder's tale and his subsequent plea for help. It had been a while since he'd last ventured forth from his tower and his resources were running low. Mastering the arcane arts was not a cheap endeavor. And it just so happened that this opportunity might be exactly what he needed to further finance his studies.

OOC: I'm ready to rock. And pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by token? I'll go with yellow for whatever it is. Nevermind, it just dawned on me that they're for the maps you'll be using. Haven't played a D&D 4.0 PbP game before, so please excuse my confusion. :confused:

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
The forests are unquiet. Deep within the great stands of trees, past where hunters and loggers dare to venture, Lianiad sits, listening. Messengers are rare, this far into the woods, even from those with fey blood in their veins. Still, Lianiad has not yet forsaken his connection to the mortal realm completely yet, and he listens. He is needed.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll take green.
[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
BLUE

The wandering mercenary known as Whirlwind spits as the arcane missive fades. "Well, girl, looks like we've got our next job. Dang feybags. But at least they oughta be able to pay."

Redclaw

First Post
Thom wipes sweat from his eyes and looks at the wall he has just finished climbing. He remembers a time when he would have been unable to even begin such a task, then smiles as he feels the power of Kord answer his call once again. Anything is possible with the strength you give me, Battlelord, he says silently.

As he looks back, Thom sees a young acolyte running toward him, waving. With almost perfect form, and absolute calm, the half-elf throws himself back down the wall, barely seeming to touch the handholds on the way, but somehow managing to land lightly and in complete control. He holds out his hand for the scroll the youngster carries, but it doesn't appear in his hand. Annoyed, Thom turns to find out why not. The boy has stopped to stare, and is standing about ten paces away. Realizing his error, the acolyte quickly moves forward and delivers the scroll.

"Battlemaster Mikal sent me to bring this to you, Warpriest," the boy huffed. He was in sad shape for an acolyte of Kord. Thom made a mental note to mention it to the Master of Acolytes. "He said it was urgent."

Taking what he now saw was a sealed missive, Thom gestured toward the distant keep. "You'd better be hurrying back," he said, no room for disagreement in his voice. The acolyte disappears from his thoughts as soon as he opens the scroll, however. Interesting, he thinks. What new challenge do you have in store for me, Kord? With no further debate, he launches into a sprint back to the keep, knowing that he will need his war-gear, and that any minute spent idle will just make him soft.

He passes the young acolyte almost instantly, and doesn't pause to acknowledge the boy in any way, let alone offer encouragement. The Battlelord is a harsh master. Any weakness is unacceptable.

[sblock=ooc] Oh, yeah. I'll take Dark Orange[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
It was a rainy night. I had thought about turning in early, so my bottle of dwarven whisky was already on my desk. I'd already used it to disinfect my battered tin tumbler a few times when I heard the knock at my door. I quickly put away the ancient tome that lay open in front of me. It contained the kind of stuff you should only read if you are a little drunk or a little crazy. Fortunately, I was a lot of both.

"Come on in." I said, hoping to sound together enough for whoever needed to speak with me.

One of the school's research assistants came in timidly. She was a pretty little thing, with honey-gold hair and sea-blue eyes that always looked like they were on the verge of tears. The halfling girl's voice barely quavered as she said, "Professor Quinnson, we've looked at the charts and you should probably come see what the stars have revealed...if they mean what we think they mean..."

I held up my hand, cutting her off. I'd already read all the signs and knew exactly what they meant. "I know. I saw it months ago but hoped it would all go away. I suppose it never does."

I stood up, steadying myself on my rod. I walked to the corner coatrack and put on my heavy leather greatcoat and picked up my pack.

"Seal up my office until I return and cancel all of my classes."

That's when I walked out of the office, into the dark, rainy night.

[sblock=ooc]I pick Sky Blue for my color.[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I need a marching order for a 10 by 10 hallway. Post will be up by Monday 7pm at latest using this order unless corrected.)
Front Row
Left - Thom - Redclaw - Half-elf Cleric
Right - Whirlwind - Victim - Human Fighter
Middle Row
Left - Varis - SHag Spellsword - Half-Elf Warlock
Right - Lianiad - NacMac - Elf Ranger
Back Row
Right - Aethan - Annalist - Human Wizard [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I would actually suggest putting the wizard in the middle, like the number 5 on a six-sided die. That way he's not quite as open to sneak attack from the back. Other than that, it looks good to me.[/sblock]

Annalist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The back or middle is cool with me. Aethan's probably the most fragile out of the group. So he'll be hiding behind someone most of the time regardless. Lol.[/sblock]

Remove ads