Super hero tone and changing times

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Maybe in the marketing, but it was obvious in the comics from the start that the Cosmic Cube kid was the cause of HydraCap. Not just obvious, but explicit.
Yeah this is what I was talking about upthread. It sounds like a lot of the outrage came from people who were not actually reading the book or the story that led up to that particular twist. It was just like "Oh Cap is a Nazi now!!! The writers said it's totally real!!!"

What is the writer supposed to say? NO, it's not real. Dont bother reading the year or two years worth of story we have planned or the ramifications that are going to come out of this?

I mean this is something more than one writer has talked about over the past 20 years of these really high profile events, especially at Marvel. Bendis caught it for both House of M and Avengers Disassembled. Brubaker caught it for the Death Of Captain America, Dan Slott caught it for Superior Spider-Man. They're not going to come out and say "nah it's only temporary" or "dont worry everything back to status quo in 16 months"

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I mean this is something more than one writer has talked about over the past 20 years of these really high profile events, especially at Marvel. Bendis caught it for both House of M and Avengers Disassembled. Brubaker caught it for the Death Of Captain America, Dan Slott caught it for Superior Spider-Man. They're not going to come out and say "nah it's only temporary" or "dont worry everything back to status quo in 16 months"
No, but they could just say "Check it out and see how the story unfolds."

Ryujin

Legend
Just watched this video and immediately thought of the "Superman killing Zod" in the 1980 film "Superman II." The bit at roughly 3 minutes 50 seconds might explain it, at least somewhat. It doesn't seem to have been the original story, as Donner envisioned.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases