Superman & Lois trailer

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The least interesting superboy has always been Clark's actual kid, but maybe this will be different.

Looks like it will be fun.

Ryujin

Legend
Looks like something I'd be interested in watching, as long as they don't suck it into the ton of cross-overs they do.

Dire Bare

Legend
The least interesting superboy has always been Clark's actual kid, but maybe this will be different.

Looks like it will be fun.
I'm not a huge comics reader, but the current run of the "Super Sons" seems to be popular with readers. Superman's son Jon adventuring with Batman's son Damien.

My favorite Superboy is Connor Kent, or Con-El, the clone baby of Superman and Lex Luthor! I really like the portrayal of the character in the animated "Young Justice" series. The original incarnation of Conner in the 90s . . . eh, not so much . . . but I like how the character evolved.

Hmmmm, will Clark and Lois give their sons Kryptonian names?!?!

Dire Bare

Legend
Looks like something I'd be interested in watching, as long as they don't suck it into the ton of cross-overs they do.
I loved (most) of the crossovers in the Arrowverse! Definitely wild & wacky, and sometimes breaks with the tone of a given show within the 'verse . . . . but fun stuff, usually with multiverse wildness and evil doppelgangers! :)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'm not a huge comics reader, but the current run of the "Super Sons" seems to be popular with readers. Superman's son Jon adventuring with Batman's son Damien.

My favorite Superboy is Connor Kent, or Con-El, the clone baby of Superman and Lex Luthor! I really like the portrayal of the character in the animated "Young Justice" series. The original incarnation of Conner in the 90s . . . eh, not so much . . . but I like how the character evolved.

Hmmmm, will Clark and Lois give their sons Kryptonian names?!?!
Yeah I find the Super Sons line totally boring. Connor is Superboy.

Still, show could be really good.

Ryujin

Legend
I loved (most) of the crossovers in the Arrowverse! Definitely wild & wacky, and sometimes breaks with the tone of a given show within the 'verse . . . . but fun stuff, usually with multiverse wildness and evil doppelgangers! :)
When the melodrama got too thick in some of the shows (The CW.... go figure), I dropped them. When the crossovers started that left me with blank spots in my knowledge, so I ended up dropping them all. Never liked "Legends of Tomorrow", so that eventually left me completely disconnected.

Dire Bare

Legend
When the melodrama got too thick in some of the shows (The CW.... go figure), I dropped them. When the crossovers started that left me with blank spots in my knowledge, so I ended up dropping them all. Never liked "Legends of Tomorrow", so that eventually left me completely disconnected.
The CW shows definitely have a tone and feel that appeals to some . . . and repels others!

They're all available to stream on Netflix, and if you enjoy the overall tone . . . it's worth checking them out. Legends had a very rough first season, but has evolved into the best show out of the 'verse! It's crazy, but in a good way!

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I went pretty much the same route. It's always puzzled me that superhero movies (at least the Marvel ones) are happy to show their characters actually being heroic for a fair percentage of their running time, but almost every superhero TV show goes the whole conflicted-angsty-melodrama route. It never feels like any of these shows actually buy into the concept of superheroes.

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah, I went pretty much the same route. It's always puzzled me that superhero movies (at least the Marvel ones) are happy to show their characters actually being heroic for a fair percentage of their running time, but almost every superhero TV show goes the whole conflicted-angsty-melodrama route. It never feels like any of these shows actually buy into the concept of superheroes.
I understand why they do more of the regular lives of superheroes, in TV shows. They have a hell of a lot more runtime to fill than a movie and have space for character development. I just think that they don't do it in a way that I generally enjoy. The weekly "who is banging who" gets tired, fast. If I want that sort of thing then I'll just break out a copy of the James Gunn penned 2000 movie "The Specials."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah I went this way too, the angst was just too much for me to bear so I stopped watching all the shows, However when I have spare time I will do a binge watch of the Crossovers (and maybe the episodes right before it to get context) not that its hard to get context, since the stories arent very sophisticated ...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases