Supreme Power Attack Question

Bloodweaver1

First Post
How would the Supreme Power Attack ability from the Frenzied Berserker PrC stack with both the Leap Attack and Combat Brute feats, if even possible? Assume two-handed weapons are being used. Thanks in advance.

-Blood

Iku Rex

Explorer
Bloodweaver1 said:
How would the Supreme Power Attack ability from the Frenzied Berserker PrC stack with both the Leap Attack and Combat Brute feats, if even possible? Assume two-handed weapons are being used. Thanks in advance.

Supreme Power Attack + Leap Attack: +100% normal bonus damage + 200% (triple, DnD math) normal bonus damage = +300% normal bonus damage.

So, if you power attack with a -10 attack bonus you get +20 (normal) damage + 60 (300% of 20) = +80 damage. Nice. However, I believe the intent (though not the result) of the errata was to make Leap Attack identical to SPA, for a total of +200% damage instead.

Supreme Power Attack + Combat Brute [Momentum Swing]: +100% normal bonus damage + 50% (3x penalty taken rather than 2x penalty as normal = +50%) normal bonus damage = +150% normal bonus damage.

So, if you power attack with a -10 attack penalty you get +20 (normal) damage + 30 (150% of 20) = +50 damage.

Edit: Hmm. I'm really not sure about that second one. (I just realized why it's a valid question. :)) You could call 2x attack penalty "the normal damage from her use of the Power Attack feat" OR you could say that 3x attack penalty (Combat Brute) is normal for characters with Combat Brute using the Momentum Swing option, so that the 3x penalty damage is doubled by SPA.

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Hmm.. would it be correct to read that the SPA replaces the PA feat. Could a Berseker decide not to use SPA for whatever reason? If it does indeed replace it, would the SPA + Combat Brute be more like this:

Supreme Power Attack + Combat Brute with a -10 attack penalty = +20 (normal PA) + 40 (SPA) + 30 ( 3x attack penalty) = +90

Or am I completely off point here.
Again I appreciate all the help.

-Blood

Remove ads