• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Surprised by the non-suckage

zoroaster100

First Post
I have heard a lot of negative comments about the new stat block for monsters and NPCs, while I have found it to be the best thing since 3rd edition! It makes it so much easier for me to run encounters as a DM to have the information organized in that manner. I now actually spend the time to rework every stat block into the new format before I run a creature in combat.

Fishbone

First Post
I've been pleasantly surprised by the non-suckage of the 3rd edition modules/adventures. They can be tweaked to 3.5 rather painlessly and for somebody as cheap as myself getting a 40 or 60 page hardcopy adventure for under 3 bucks is amazing. The same can be said for just about any 3rd Edition GURPS book, which can be tooled to 4 pretty quickly and without a lot of skullsweat. 80% off and all I have to do is fiddle with some easy math for a few hours?
All aboard the conversion train!!!
/Toot Toot!

Treebore

First Post
I have always been surprised about "3.0" being a black mark against stuff too. So many people claim to know the 3E rules very thoroughly, but then claim that converting 3.0 to 3.5 is "hard" or "not worth the time". I am not a "rulesmaster" and I found it easy to convert "on the fly" the vast majority of the time. Like 98%+ of the time. :confused:

Kaodi

Hero
Well...

I do not DM, and I have I am only in first first real life gaming group (in the 10 or so years since I bought my 1e books at a garage sale), but despite perhaps not having gotten my " moneys worth " in game usage, there is not one among my 16 hardcovers and 1 softcover that I wish I hadn't bought.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Complete Divine, which is oft spoken lowly of, and which has the lowest review rating among the Completes (OK, equal lowest, along with Complete Psionic) - I like this book.

It's been very useful, too. More so than Complete Arcane or even Complete Warrior, really. I agree with Complete Adventurer's rating as the best of the lot, but beyond that my opinions seem to diverge from those of many.

Greg K

Legend
Book of Vile Darkness. I found a lot more useful material for my campaign than in most other WOTC DND products combined.

Hordes of the Abyss. It has received mixed reactions, but I think it is possibly the best non-core/non setting DND book put out by WOTC.

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Treebore said:
you mean "tome", right?

Errrr.... damn. Yeah. Sure.

No, actually, I meant this really cool Adventure, where you have to find the grave of the god of Magic, otherwise the spellcasters willl...

Never mind... ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads