• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor Celestials: COUATL WINS!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Now its a death match - can the Qilin restore itself before time runs out or will the Coatl’ coils prove too great to overcome

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In desperation Qilin uses Planar Shift and escapes the Coatls’ constricting Grapple seeking somewhere to heal its wounds, but Coatl wont take long to scry the location of his flighty opponent...

Coatl are the best. Their victory will be well deserved.

My own homebrew setting features them quite prominently, as guardians of places mortals aren’t meant to be, as mentors for divine heroes, and occasionally as advisors to powerful rulers. Like metallic dragons that can fit in more places.

Also, the Aasimar are mostly related to coatl in that world, and the the First Eidelon (primary deific figure of the world) is the mother of the first coatls, and is a sort of super coatl.
Did you not know that jazirian existed or did you rename him or did you reinvent the origin whole cloth? Just curious. Also, "first eidolan"...that sounds like a very bad ass title for an ancient celestial god-being. I like it. It sounds like a cool choice for a pantheonic head, especially since you made it explicitly the case that aasimar are primarily her/cuoatl's descendants. Gives her a strong creator deity flavor since she not only is the progenitor of a race, but is in fact a double generation racial progenitor.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Did you not know that jazirian existed or did you rename him or did you reinvent the origin whole cloth? Just curious. Also, "first eidolan"...that sounds like a very bad ass title for an ancient celestial god-being. I like it. It sounds like a cool choice for a pantheonic head, especially since you made it explicitly the case that aasimar are primarily her/cuoatl's descendants. Gives her a strong creator deity flavor since she not only is the progenitor of a race, but is in fact a double generation racial progenitor.
Jazirian is FR only. Coatl have been around longer than that and seem more tied to Quetzlcoatl(sp).

Remove ads