Survivor Magic Rings- Feather Falling FLOATS TO VICTORY!

Harzel

Adventurer
Feather Falling 9
Free Action 8
Invisibility 10
Shooting Stars 9 - Too much stuff for one ring
Spell Storing 10
Spell Turning 10

Harzel

Adventurer
Could you help me understand what's so great about the Ring of Free Action? Serious question, I promise I'm not trolling. What am I not seeing?

Well, I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking in kind of absolute terms (like "how much would pay for this ring?") or relative to the other rings? Either way, it's certainly subjective, depending on how much you fear being paralyzed, restrained, or magically slowed.

If you think it is not too great in absolute terms, then it seems like you must think that being paralyzed, restrained, or magically slowed either doesn't come up much or isn't that big a deal when it happens (or both). Which is it? IMO, although it really would be campaign dependent, I would think that generically those impediments would come up in 1/3 to 1/2 of encounters above, say, level 5. The impact could be anything from annoying to devastating, depending on the situation.

Compared to the other rings, I guess I would not argue very hard that Free Action is definitely more useful, but Invisibility, Feather Falling, and Spell Storing just seem boring - Feather Falling and Invisibility are very common effects, and Spell Storing is just moar spellz. Shooting Stars seems overdone - five different functions in one ring? Really? Spell Turning, on the other hand, I like because it is an unusual effect.

YMMV.

Quartz

Hero
Feather Falling 11 - UP - like a feather in the wind.
Free Action 6
Invisibility 8
Shooting Stars 10
Spell Storing 6- DOWN
Spell Turning 11

Remove ads