Suzi's Handicrafts.... (Now with more images!)

Crothian

First Post
Suzi this is great? Do you come up with the patterns first or do you just cross sticht it without one? My friend does cross sticht and she's currently doing Tempest in a teacup (a little dragon in a teacup).

xrpsuzi

First Post
Crothian said:
Suzi this is great? Do you come up with the patterns first or do you just cross sticht it without one? My friend does cross sticht and she's currently doing Tempest in a teacup (a little dragon in a teacup).

Two words. Graph paper. My dad use to work for Apple and TI in the late 70's/early 80's and never throws anything out, so I'm living in columar pad and graph paper heaven.

For small stuff, I usually just draw/sketch out the design on graph paper with colored pencils and try stiching it out. Of course, if I need to fudge here or there to make it look right on the fabric, I can work around the sketch.

I'm working on some patterns for the ornaments, since it looks like I may be making more than one of each.

Oh, I thought of another one .... We three kings. And I can use the king from the homestar cartoons, the portly one with the white beard and red robe.
-suzi
*the things we do not to work*

DonAdam said:
She bakes cookies, she knits trogdors, and she shoots confederate dinosaurs with alien sleep rays.

Good catch, Joe ;)

Yep! :D

Also, we've apparantly been farked. Or this thread at least, and the good farkers have thankfully shown great decorum by not spamming my private e-mail.

http://www.fark.com/ the top of saturday's posts.....

I find it funny that someone called us nerds in one of the comments... well, duh! :) we write books for dungeons and dragons... that's like a +2 circumstance bonus for nerd checks! It's brightened our day a bit, as we're both sick now.

joe b.

Here's the first two ornaments....

Attachments

• Oh Christmas tree.jpg
    Oh Christmas tree.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 79

Remove ads