• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SW: KOTOR Campaign Guide

NMC

Explorer
I agree that it'll focus heavily on the current KotOR comic, perhaps with some material from the old Tales of the Jedi series as well.

I also agree that KotOR is the best Star Wars series that has been run in a long time.

-Nate

Nebulous

Legend
Do you think much stuff from the KotOR campaign book will be compatible with Dawn of Defiance? I know they are completely different eras, but the material must be salvageable for NPC's, feats, talents, force powers, etc.

Klaus

First Post
Nebulous said:
Do you think much stuff from the KotOR campaign book will be compatible with Dawn of Defiance? I know they are completely different eras, but the material must be salvageable for NPC's, feats, talents, force powers, etc.
Well, I am adapting DoD to the Legacy Era, so I guess it's not too hard to adapt it to KotOR. If the Sith are already established, change all "Empire" references to "Sith". If not, change it to "Mandalorians" and set it in Mandalorian-controlled space.

For the Legacy era, I'm changing "Empire" to mean "Darth Krayt-led Empire", and the defector in the first adventure is a Fel-loyalist officer. Bail Organa will probably be replaces with Alliance Admiral Gar Stazi.

Nebulous

Legend
Good point. With a little GM finagling you can warp anything to what you need. I'm looking forward to running Dawn in the default setting, but an old Knights campaign where the Sith are everywhere is something that also intrigues me. I know very little about it (haven't read the comics and such).

Klaus

First Post
Nebulous said:
Good point. With a little GM finagling you can warp anything to what you need. I'm looking forward to running Dawn in the default setting, but an old Knights campaign where the Sith are everywhere is something that also intrigues me. I know very little about it (haven't read the comics and such).
During the KotOR period shown in the comics, the Sith have been destroyed for quite some time. In the Legacy era they are everywhere (since the Rule of Two is gone and Darth Krayt instituted the new Sith Order, there are as many Darths as needed, of all races).

Nebulous

Legend
Klaus said:
During the KotOR period shown in the comics, the Sith have been destroyed for quite some time. In the Legacy era they are everywhere (since the Rule of Two is gone and Darth Krayt instituted the new Sith Order, there are as many Darths as needed, of all races).

Who are the main villains then?

Klaus

First Post
Nebulous said:
Who are the main villains then?
For the comics, the main conflict is Old Republic vs. Mandalorians. The threat of the returning Sith is everpresent, but hasn't been fulfilled yet.

Klaus said:
Should clarify this by mentioning that this is referring to the new comics.

The Sith are essentially what its all about if you go back about 50-odd years prior to the new KotOR comics to the Tales of the Jedi stuff. Its technically the same era, and the Sith are around for thousands of years previous to the new stuff. Not only that, but the pre-Rule of Two time period is in there where there's more Sith than you can shake a Wookie at(not that I recommend shaking Wookies at Sith).

drothgery

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Not only that, but the pre-Rule of Two time period is in there where there's more Sith than you can shake a Wookie at(not that I recommend shaking Wookies at Sith).

Why not? :) If you can run really fast after you let go of the Wookiee, you'll have a few dead Sith, and that's always good :).

Nebulous

Legend
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Should clarify this by mentioning that this is referring to the new comics.

The Sith are essentially what its all about if you go back about 50-odd years prior to the new KotOR comics to the Tales of the Jedi stuff. Its technically the same era, and the Sith are around for thousands of years previous to the new stuff. Not only that, but the pre-Rule of Two time period is in there where there's more Sith than you can shake a Wookie at(not that I recommend shaking Wookies at Sith).

Now, this is the era where i'd like to see a new trilogy born. C'mon George, loosen those reins and let someone else take a shot at it! It's still your baby, you're just letting another director play with him. ;)

Remove ads