• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sweet Cover Art?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
2004, 2005, 2006...

Dungeon #116 (2004)
cover_500x680.jpg

Dungeon #121 (2005)
cover_500.jpg

Dungeon #139 (2006)
I don't even have this one yet, and it's already my favorite cover for this year. Bring on the Savage Tide!!!
TSR82139_500.jpeg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vocenoctum said:
The old 2E FR Guide, I forget the name, but had the woman on the unicorn. Always caught the eye for me. Otherwise yeah, most of the others I'd pick are dragon covers from above. Currently, I think Eberron's had some very good art, but the WotC book cover style doesn't really show them off.

I love that cover. And here it is...

fradventures.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Other Classic Covers that are Timeless!

Oriental Adventures
This was the first ever D&D book I ever saw. I was hooked after that.
oriental.jpg

Greyhawk Adventures
I came to appreciate this cover later on, when I discovered how cool Greyhawk is.
gryhwkadv.jpg

Michael Tree

First Post
Those are some great Dragon covers! I'm looking forward to the Art of Dragon book.

For me, the cover art for the old Basic D&D boxed sets exemplify D&D, Basic through Immortal.

Of more recent book covers, Mage the Awakening is stunningly beautiful, especially in person.

Ghostwind

First Post
Looking through this thread has made me realize that the cover art for the first and second edition books is better than 3rd edition books.

Remove ads