Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Familiar rolls] [roll0] [roll1] Decided to roll myself rather than delay. My mistake for not asking, so I gave a little bonus. [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The little green fellow slinks low and all but vanishes as he makes his way to the stable. However, his impressive stealth is put to same by the nearly magical display of stealth put on by the little dragon. The wee beastly is certainly starting to show promise. Thorn turns in a merely human performance, but it appears to be good enough as there in no sign that anyone has raised an alarm. The grounds remain tomb-like in their quiet and stillness. The bulk of the group shelters in the cover provided by the cliff face and awaits a report or signal.

[sblock=Lia]Through her empathic link Lia senses the little young dragons elation at being given a chance to prove herself. She is trying hard to focus on scouting, but her simply pleasure at flying and being given this chance to shine is all Lia can sense. There is no indication that the dragon sees anything it perceives as a threat or prey. [/sblock]

[sblock=Viridian]Crossing the rubble strewn courtyard Viridian soon observes that some of the 'rubble' is in fact humanoid bones that have been well gnawed by something. Reaching the a broken door and carefully peering inside The sharp tang of musty, decaying straw fills this large stable. Its easternmost wall has collapsed into a steep pile of broken beams and rocks that blocks the way to the other side. A large mound of discarded weaponry lies amid the rubble. There doesn't not appear to be anything currently inhabiting this building. [/sblock]

[sblock=Thorn]Crossing the rubble strewn courtyard Thorn soon observes that some of the 'rubble' is in fact humanoid bones that have been well gnawed by something. Then an even greater shock, some of the statuary on top of the chapel seems to be living Gargoyles. They remain statuary still and do not seem to have sighted Thorn or the other scouts. She quickly moves under an eave to conceal herself from the Gargoyles. Moving a little to the right she manages to get atop large chunk of rubble a glimpse into the chapel through a narrow broken stained glass window above the door. The vaulted ceiling of this massive sanctuary reaches nearly thirty feet overhead. Smashed stained-glass windows stretch in narrow bands above the doors. Four angelic statues occupy each corner of the room, though their faces and wings are cracked and broken almost beyond recognition . The walls are covered with disturbing shapes and runes that have been scratched into the stone. An altar, befouled with grime and filth, sits against the southern wall. While the altar is clearly desecrated it is largely intact. There are some humanoid creatures within. Ghouls! Eight of them. Two of them seem to be conducting some sort of perverted religious ceremony for the other six who are squatting before them gnawing on bones. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Viridian checks the pile for something of obviously better quality, but doesn't waste more than couple of breaths on that - some demon gnaws at the bones here and Thorn may be in danger.

He returns outside and follows Thorn toward the main building.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Virdian]Slipping quietly into the building Virdian quickly spots some decent stuff in the pile. Most of the weapons are broken beyond repair, but a few still remain serviceable, including a masterwork battleaxe, a +1 long sword, three cold iron daggers, and a +I cold iron longspear. All but one are sized for medium creatures. One of the cold iron daggers is small. Determining that nothing else here is likely to be valuable he slips back out and moves toward the main building. (let's hold up there and give Thorn a chance to act.) [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn glimpses Viridian and waves the reptile-person over to her, ducking down behind the wall again.

"Eight ghouls," she breathes softly, "Gargoyles up above. We're going to need everyone. I'm going to get into ambush position. Have the others come up."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Viridian just nods and goes to get the others.

As he drops down on the stairs, he describes the situation.

"Prepare with what magic you use, I'll go support Thorn. You come out when you're ready."
He returns, standing in the likely intercept route from the temple.

Ooc:He would prefer to get the priest, but will attack whichever ghoul goes out last.

Remove ads