Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

OOC: So we made quite a noise, eh? When I said block the door, I didn't expect we will warn everyone and everything inside that we're here. (i.e. I would use wooden parts and leather straps to block the door. Unless [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] opens the door, I believe our new companion is ready. (going by MetaVoids description)

With the screech of rusty hinges...
I think we already raised the alarm :) Adrian is ready to open the door, still waiting on Shayuris answer / check in.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn goes up to the door and examines it for a long moment...blowing dust off, and tracing the edges with the lightest of touches to find switches or wires or other signs of tomfoolry.

(Perception [roll0])

Only once she's sure the portal is safe, does she check to see if it's locked...and if it is, breaks out the black velvet slipcase that contains her tools of the trade.

Disable Device [roll1]

Adrian leaves the expert to her work and re-prepares his starknife with undead bane enchantment waiting for the doors to open.

OOC: Swift action: Arcane strike +1 undead bane; ready action: throw upon any ghoul or other, more powerful, undead visible once the door opens. Ignore skeletons and zombies unless they are only undead visible.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: So we made quite a noise, eh? When I said block the door, I didn't expect we will warn everyone and everything inside that we're here. (i.e. I would use wooden parts and leather straps to block the door. Unless [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] opens the door, I believe our new companion is ready. (going by MetaVoids description)

OOC: Adrian specifically used the table, which is a heavy stone thing. :lol:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Adrian specifically used the table, which is a heavy stone thing. :lol:

The room before had stone tables, this one (by your description in #1190) contains tables and cabinets - I would assume by the description they are 'normal' tables. But no matter, as MetaVoid pointed out, stealth went out of the door with the hinges screeching.

Scotley

Hero
Thorn finds no traps on the door and can hear no activity beyond it. There is no lock on the door. At least nothing visible from this side. Having done all she can, Thorn nods to Adrian, who takes a breath and opens the door. Beyond is a room larger than the one you are in perhaps 35 feet on a side. There is a 15' wide opening in the north wall. Though it is difficult to see from your current vantage it does not appear very deep, perhaps 15 or 20 feet. The broken frames of several beds lie scattered about this large room . Two of the more serviceable ones have been pushed together to make a larger sleeping pallet. A table and several chairs also occupy the center of the room. A demonic figure the size of a large man with batlike wings, horns, glowing eyes, and fangs dominates the room, obviously expecting you. He is 10' inside the room holding an aspergillum dripping with some foul liquid and glowing with magic. He speaks in guttural tongue of the Abyss.

[sblock=translation for Abyssal speakers]I judge you an abomination on this unholy place and demand justice as I consign you to death![/sblock]

[sblock=knowledge religion 15+]The demon creature's words have the ring of an inquisitor's judgement.[/sblock]

OOC: Let's have an initiative and perception form everyone. If you beat 18 on initiative you may act. No surprise on either side.

OOC: You may also try knowledge (the planes) to determine more about your foe.

[sblock=perception 20-26]A difference in texture suggests there may be a door in the recessed area to the north. [/sblock]

[sblock=perception 27-30]Read 20-26 above. A Ghoul is very carefully hiding to either side of the door waiting to flank those who enter. [/sblock]

[sblock=perception 31+]Read the other two entries as well. There are two more ghouls hiding in the recessed area to the north near the door.[/sblock]

[sblock=knowledge religion 15-20]The demon thing bears the holy symbol of he carrion-stenched demon lord Kabriri (pronounced ka-BREE-ree) the patron of Golarion's flesh hungry, cannibalistic ghouls. [/sblock]

[sblock=knowledge religion 20+]This is likely a hybrid of human and Nabasu--a powerful demon created from the souls of gluttons cannibals, blood-drinkers, and those who prefer the tang of undead flesh. These terrible creatures can consume bodies whole much like a snake to gain power and are known to create Ghouls with a mere glance. They have the usual demonic immunities and resistance to spells. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Nulkineah.jpg
    Nulkineah.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], do we trigger our readied actions regardless of initiative or we start from zero? [roll0]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Interesting technical question. A readied action is designed to prepare a response to a specific situation. It really wasn't intended to derail the initiative process. But hey, we're just trying to have fun here, so what the heck, go ahead with your charge and Adrian can toss his starknife if he can find an undead. But, let's not make a habit of jumping the initiative every fight. In this case I think you'll need the boost.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"This creature is a foul half-breed demon, an eater of flesh and a priest of Kabriri. Beware! Where it goes, ghouls are sure to be close by!"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
No actions yet - Initiative is only an 11. The other rolls were pretty good, though.
[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads