• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Fenris

Adventurer
While listening,Randlay shifts his weight just a little bit and his armour finally settles on to him the way he finds most comfortable. "As much as I might like my own skin," he notes, clearing his voice and speaking up "the real issue here is not for us juiced up folks, but our squishier comrades here. Last I checked I still gotta sleep, and we cannot be doing all the patrols ourselves. More sentries are probably gonna get killed before we hit the city, and there is only so much that can be done about that." As gruff as the crusader might be the thought of men under his charge dying like that weighed on him, more than his armour. But this was war; at best, given the nature of the opposition.

"Gorum has blessed me to be his sentinel. I no longer sleep since our, the, exposure. I can stand watch with the other sentries all night. I need but an hour to myself to pay proper homage to Gorum." adds Denir.

Scotley

Hero
The paladins of your army strike their tents and gather their gear with surprising speed. Within the hour the camp is struck and troops are ready to move out.

OOC: Any particular orders or instructions for today's march?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The paladins of your army strike their tents and gather their gear with surprising speed. Within the hour the camp is struck and troops are ready to move out.

OOC: Any particular orders or instructions for today's march?

OOC: I would like any opinion or advice from all for this, please

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn finds a moment the next day to meet with the others as camp is being broken.

She says simply, "One thing to watch out for...the potion we found was one of blocking magic that reads the balance of good and evil in men's souls. I can only think of one reason it would have been in this company, and it's not good."

"Imagine you were serving the demons, and found yourself in the midst of an army of paladins. Men and women who can quite literally smell evil. A potion like that, in good quantity, would be something of a comfort, don't you think?"

Fenris

Adventurer
"No" comes a rumble from Denir. "If we make sure to post men in pairs we can minimize their ability to sneak off and do harm. Though if more than one has turned or infiltrated us, that will not be much of a deterrent. I don't know that we will learn much from staying here, I would rather ensure we are with and seen my the mass of the force. That will make it harder for anyone to betray us, or if we are the targets, best to make ourselves seen and take the danger ourselves over our stalwart companions."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
zsheldon looks to Thorn with fire in his eyes, "That bears ill news Thorn. There has to be some sort of counter magic to this?"

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn shrugs. "Probably. I'm no mage though, we'll have to ask Lia about that. Regardless, we don't have the magical assets to reliably use it across the entire army. I think Denir's onto something though. We can use groups, randomly chosen, and change them up frequently. That'll keep conspiracies from forming, and they can keep an eye on each other. They may not find the traitor, but it should make it much harder for the traitor to act. Could buy us some time to figure something more proactive out."

She paused to consider, then added, "We could also consider using the opposite spell. The spell to detect purity of soul. A paladin who doesn't show up under that spell would be worth taking a second look at. Paladins can't do it naturally though, so it may be harder to make it work army-wide."

(OOC - ie: An evil person can appear non-evil under Undetectable Alignment, but they'd also appear non-good, which would be a suspicious thing for a paladin. :) That said, we'd also have to deal with support staff and such, none of which are guaranteed to be 'good.' So it's not fireproof.)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Vakeva's been keeping his thoughts firmly behind his teeth, as usual. The taciturn Dwarf is no commander of large troops; even his time in a regular army was spent as a foot-soldier, taking orders rather than giving them. I'll jus' be keepin' an eye on folks. I should be able to mix 'n mingle with th' regular troops without too much trouble, as I've spent some time in their boots. An' I'll have similar views on th' nature of right 'n wrong as th' real Pally's, so it may be I can ferret out th' ones as 'r diff'rent.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads